FX Quality Issues

As a side note to the individual who under anonymity gave me a negative mark,stating that I'm "sour" because I "can't afford a high-end pcp"...you have NO CLUE! LMAO!

Thing is,I Have money because I'm Wise in how I spend it!

Don't you go worrying about MY finances muchacho,most likley much to your dismay...I'm doin Just Fine!

Mike

I don't agree with whoever gave you the negative mark. I read your entire post and it does not constitute you not affording any of the "High End" airguns. For boutique priced airguns, the basic functions should work out of the box. This goes for any brand; Daystate, FX, Edgun, Brocock, Air Arms, RAW, Taipan Veteran, ATI Vulcan and so on.

Well I have an fx monsoon that is currently broken and no I did not adjust anything firing on auto wtf?! So now I have to send it in for repairs not happy. No videos on the net for me to attempt to repair. Thank goodness that is the only fx product I own won’t own another😎 maybe in the future when fx gets their sh($ together on the qc end. Heck I have low end and high end pcps that don’t have and issues and I have a lot of pcps and this fx is a thorn in my side wasting pellets. Won’t be able to ship this piece of sh?! Until I return from being overseas. so all you loyal fx owners let’s hear your comments that I slammed fx for their qc issues😎

Good video. I would be one unhappy camper of I opened up my airgun and seen some epoxy/glue. That thing would of went back ASAP. I really would like an FX airgun and there have been several times I just about picked up a impact or wildcat. Actually when I went to purchase a wildcat when the first came out I was told by one of the guys down at AoA when I went down there to come back in 6 months and try then. Ended up with a Vulcan (3rd gen) and I am very happy with it and it has been issue free. 

Anyway I think you are correct about the quality control with FX. Its just not there. I think that they very over priced airguns and the only thing that they have thats any good it the barrel. Honestly Im not a fan of the thin sleeve in a even thinner liner liner with o-rings to support it. The barrel liner/kit is so ridiculously expensive. Its really nothing more then a piece of pipe with a pattern pressed or cut into it. I really do think that FX cuts corners everywhere they can to cut manufacturing costs to make more money. 

Also if I get a new airgun and it craps out on me after a short time I would expect a full replacement. Say within 90 days at least. After that I can understand the the repair under warranty but that wait time is simply unacceptable. I know there are a lot of people who would and will defend FX all day and night long but Im sorry, FX makes and sells junk. Honestly I don't even think I would pay $500 for one. I want an airgun I can trust when I take it out shooting and not something I need to worry about. 

This is just how I feel so please any of the FX lovers just take it as that and dont bash me for my opinion. Like I said. I would like to have an FX but there are simply far to many red flags with them and there products.

OK, I'll just pass on the way I see this "issue" from my chair, as I sit in a chair supporting my guns in my hands when I target shoot. I have four FX's, Wildcat Mk1 .25 Wildcat MK1 .22 Bobcat Mk2 .25 and a Streamline .22. The Wildcat pictured will be a year old March 1, I shoot it most days has ten thousand pellets through it, I think I replaced the breach O ring once, it dosn't look or shoot any different than last March, The pictured Bobcat is the sweetest target gun I ever owned I've had it since May, again no issues whatsoever, the same with the .22 Wildcat and Streamline, although I haven't had the streamline very long, they all have their appeal but I must give the edge to the Bobcat, pellet on pellet is almost automatic with it. Consider the pictured targets, this is normal with all my FX's in MY backyard, so far they ALL have given me accuracy and reliability, this is not intended as a glowing endorsement and please don't consider me a fanatical FX fan, just my ongoing experience with the FX's I own.
1549289873_3326006145c5849917269a2.54208125_bobwild photos.jpg
1549289959_10005258915c5849e72a17d2.69939498_wild bob targets.jpg

To each his own. I have had nothing nut superb experiences with my Crown. I don't know your experiences, so I cannot comment.

they said i had altered the gun & could not return...fxusa has been trying to help,ernst r. sent me a 22cal. kit to shoot until they get a good 177 barrel.i think this expensive gun should preform out of the box..then it should be up to the shooter if they can dail in more precision.....this has been a very costly mistake.

I can only speak for me. I have an Impact and love it. My expectations are reasonable for a $2000 gun. My other gun is a Marauder. Yes there is quite a difference. As for quality, when was the last time you bought a car that didn't have something go wrong? That's why you get a good dealer relationship going. Airguns are expensive little beasts and it' behooves us to understand the warranties, and work with the dealer. That's what they get paid for.

I can only speak for me. I have an Impact and love it. My expectations are reasonable for a $2000 gun. My other gun is a Marauder. Yes there is quite a difference. As for quality, when was the last time you bought a car that didn't have something go wrong? That's why you get a good dealer relationship going. Airguns are expensive little beasts and it' behooves us to understand the warranties, and work with the dealer. That's what they get paid for.

Airguns aren't expensive to manufacturer...the price more times than not defined by brand opposed to quality...you can also manipulate supply/demand as a manufacturer to inflate value..limited items are always perceived at a higher value provided there is a demand...its sad so many people don't understand economics and the manipulations of it...and people try to turn around and infer difference of quality...then why is that cars manufactured in Asia tend to out last their counterparts built in America, or even Germany? Imagine if every air gun on the market were 2,000$...LOL

Some times we have be reminded to keep things in perspective. I spent the last several days trying to get my ATN X sight 4k pro up and running All kinds of difficulties some mine some computer related issues unrelated directly to the scope. Some rather stupid design issues with the scope. I still haven't gotten it figured out entirely and it very well might turn out to be a bad purchase. BUT it's not cancer or a heart attack.

Be nice to people and you'll usually get more help with your problems. From what I hear on the forum there are problems with some of these guns but it also seems to me that everyone is really trying to find solutions. As to which one's are more trouble or less trouble I don't have a clue. I was directed away from FX by one of the dealers but I have no idea if that was political or based on TRUE manufacturing and QC problems. 

Bottom line these guns are pretty complex and some of them are pushing the technology envelope some problems are almost a given. It it upsets you buy a springer and be happy or play chess or video games. :) 

As for cars that's another can of worms. I've had about everything that rolls down the road and at one time I would agree completely but honestly in the last 15 years or so all of the car's I've owned have been excellent . The German cars? I own two of them and the dealers take an interesting tac on those cars. They approach you like you should be honored to be allowed to drive the car and how dare you complain about a $300 oil change. Again keeping things in perspective. If you can't see the humor in it you well be continually upset. I am just glad to be alive and able to participate in the sport of air gunning.

Yes, even new cars have problems but you don't have to ship them back to Detroit for warranty work.

Yes, even new cars have problems but you don't have to ship them back to Detroit for warranty work.

but you do have to go to the dealer for warranty service. I'd hate to send my Subi back to Japan, but that's what local dealers are for.

I purchased an FX Royale 400 in .177 a year ago from AoA. It was the worst purchase ever! I have the same rifle in .22 that I bought 5 years ago that shoots great. I was expecting to get the same thing for the money I was spending. That gun couldn't hold an inch at 30 yds and it spread to 2 inches at 50. Ernest said that it "met the factory specs" and that they would not replace the gun. He tried THREE different barrels and they all worked the same. Thank God AoA kept their word and took it back with no issues. Based on the price, none of these guns should shoot like this. FX should be ashamed for the way they treat customers and how inconsistent they quality is. Quality is something they still haven't been able to figure out even after all these years. Let's you know what their priorities are.

but you do have to go to the dealer for warranty service. I'd hate to send my Subi back to Japan, but that's what local dealers are for.

Right the key word is "local" dealer not just one location for the entire continent.