• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Power Plenum O-rings and Issues

I've had a couple occasions where I had air leak out the muzzle and a dry fire or two would reseal it. I think it's just the seat on those occasions. Yesterday it happened and a dry fire didn't seal it. I pulled the plenum and applied a little Mothers mag wheel to the seat/valve and worked it in a litte knowing the polish has a very mild abrasive. I took a good look at the machining of the valve seat and it almost looks like chatter marks on the tappered part (should of got photo I know). Has anyone noticed the same on your valve seat? Maybe normal. Upon re-installed I nicked the outer O-ring (again) on the end that goes in toward the grip, not the first time and it's very easy to do no matter how slow and easy I go. The leak is very obvious when that happens and it's noticed just above the grip. 

On to another guestion. The two O-rings, one Puro and one that's just a normal black that go inside the plenum to seal the valve rod has me wondering. First I'm assuming its just the internal pressure that keeps them in place but another thing that seems odd is the size of the black O-ring. It looks like a 010 size so the ID of it really has no contact with the rod. So I'm "assuming" again that it helps seal seal the puro's outer edge. The puro ring is not a really tight fit either. I'm really surprised that the combination seals as good as it does but apparently does. Here are the two O-rings in guestion. 

1586874000_17887620095e95c690c845c3.32927777.jpg
1586874023_12419990285e95c6a7b88e48.46512903.jpg

Hi Jking, 

We are sorry to hear you are having difficulties with some issues on your FX gun, if you are interested you can send us some personal information like your Name, Number and Email on a Direct message and we can have a tech call you as soon as possible to walk through any troubleshooting steps or steps necessary to get your equipment running the way it should be. 

Regards,

Fx Customer Service Support

Got some great news. FX USA has stepped up again. I've had nothing but a great response from them on this issue. They are seriously concerned about the problem and how it could have happened. I have a new valve body and Ventilpinne, (yes there is such a thing), lol on the way. I should have it this weekend. Special thanks to Scott, Melissa and probably Jon in the backgroud. 

Jking

I also had the same issue when I fitted my new power plenum kit. I emailed the supplier and they told me they were aware of an issue with the a poor finish on the valve housing valve seat causing leaks (mine was out of the transfer port). They'd already had 3 other buyers report the same problem and told me they'd reported it to FX who would send me a new valve housing direct. 

Looking at the finish of the valve seat in the above picture I wonder just how many others have had this problem? Poor quality control.

Reactions: monstr2