FX power plenum fitting instructions

Hello,

I could finally change my hammer spring and test it with the 56.6mm original MKII spring. Well, thta's another story. I finally got the power increase I was expecting.

Just changing the spring gave me 277m/s (908fps) with the same reg setting (around 120 bars). And this time, I could increase the reg pressure and got enough spring strength to open the valve. With the reg set between 140 and 150 bars, I now get 287 m/s (941fps), which should be ok to test some .30 cal slugs. I couldn't test anything for consistency and accuracy at those speeds, the weather is just awful: rain and wind all over the place! I can't take my stuff out and do some decent testing for the moment.

while reading all this, I can’t get it out of my head . WHY, in gods name, are you saying “go to hell” to 99.9% of the people here, who are in need of some help. And the 0.01% persons who get the privilege of seeing your video, are told NOT to post them or past them along. OK, it is your video, and you decide who gets to see it and who doesn’t (we) it aren’t orders from FX, OR Krale would’ve lost his dealership. 

And i can understand that guns, still under warranty aren’t to be messed with. But the older impacts? And it’s weird, coz you’re always the first to help people. And it’s either a lie, or an even bigger mystery, because i was told by a man who got the link from you, Ernest, told on a YT comment that this video is only 1 of 4. There’s is clearly a number 1 from the looks how ********P2 started. Don’t get me wrong here. It’s your property, and you can do whatever you want with it, but each his opinion. Iyesterday I received my .30/700 brand new from FX factory, with PP modifications done overthere.(they all come with the PP MODS NOW) . Did not test yet. Gonna compare it with my stock impact mkii .30/700mm. 

I thought your job was related to FX. I guess i was seriously wrong on that one. No offense, but we call that “spitting in someones face, and tell them to FO” 

overhere is already someone who put the kit correct in, but results……… here ya go. 

https://youtu.be/dTEIqq5qC44
Trouble in FX PP-paradise. Have mine from yesterday, and I can’t say that i slept well last night………€2.150…………

So you haven't actually shot your new gun, but you already didn't sleep well up front? ;)

I'd shoot it first instead of screaming before you are beaten. You will love it, believe me. 

I have a Impact X, upgraded with PP, hi-cap magazine, 700mm slug A liner, and I absolutely love this thing.

I can imagine that FX is wary about people installing the PP themselves, as there are people around who overestimate themselves, mess up their gun, and all of a sudden, a Impact is called a worthless POS.....

just my 2C

Looking forward to getting a PP, I have one on order from our Australian distributor. I have ave a bunch of H&N Rabbit Magnum II 25gr that will not shoot in the FX Impact. I'm guessing they need more punch to make them shoot, they knocked rabbits for a six in the Hatsan 44 unregulated punching out 35 flbs at 220bar. Hoping to achieve 35 flbs with the PP, will see.

There seems to be few tricks methods to installing the PP:

Go to a quiet space!

Care with the O rings

Lining up the valve stem

Fit the valve stem and plenum end first to the action lining up the notch

Use the old valve spring instead of the new one

Don't tighten tight the screws until fully charged

Have I missed anything?

Installed the PP in my FX Impact X, a couple of days ago. Both vids have a couple of tib bits missing, but having watched them both it was easy enough to avoid making a critcal mistake. I didn't notice before I installed the PP, that it is best to wait 5-8 seconds between shots to allow the regulator to fully recover. With a .22 barrel, 1:20 twist, @90bar, average 890fps, with Std dev 3.2. using the FX Radar chrony, valve adjuster in between 3rd & 2nd marks and preload on Min. I've put 60 pellets through since upgrading, the gauge on the tank has barely moved, JSB 18.13gr shoot accurately as does the Cometa exact jumbo monster 25.4gr out to 25m. Slightly different POI but still one ragged hole.

Most people seem to be shooting .25 or .30 cal, I hope the above is of use to anyone shooting .22.

I noticed someone said in another thread, the valve adjuster can be turned all the way out to where the O-ring is visible. I tried it today, with low hammer force just in case, and velocity increased roughly 20-30 fps from ring 4 if I remember correct. If you buy an impact with PP installed, the shroud on the gun will limit the adjustment to the 4th line. Maybe FX has designed it that way, as a safety measure, to avoid customers screwing up the gun? Adjusting all the way to the O-ring, with to much hammer force, might make it possible to push the valve rod out of seat? I would not do it without checking speed over a chrony, and then stop adjust any further when there is no more velocity to achieve.