• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX pocket chronograpy

Decided to try the FX Pocket Chronograph for convenience. I got one in from AirgunDepot late yesterday, and quickly discovered no written instructions, so had to search out on the internet how to set it up. Got that done and tried a few shots with my FWB 80 and it seemed to be working as advertised. Disconnected from bluetooth and shut it down. THis morning I went back out and it would not work at all. I finally uninstalled the app, and reinstalled and tried it again, and I was initally optimistic as it did show a velocity for my first shot, but then dissapointment set in, again it would not show anything, I gave up and got a return authorization and am sending back for a refund.

i would make sure you have it setup properly before sending it back.

i use mine daily and wont ever get rid of it lol
it reads every shot without a hiccup.

make sure you have your location (gps) enabled on your phone also not only Bluetooth,
otherwise it wont work.

id be happy to help you though the steps in case you missed something.

I am very happy with my inexpensive chinese chronys. I got a clamp on first but I mainly use my tripod type since I can shoot groups through it as I measure velocity. They have rechargable batteries that last a long time. Almost never miss a shot. No ranges to set. No real setup. Just turn it on and shoot through it. Now if you want to replay a string of shots, you need the English translation of the instructions and it's too complicated for me. I just write them down.

You can get one of each for less than $100. To me it's one of the great bargains in airgunning.

also.

the user manual is in the app itself.

open the app,
on the bottom is a row of icons,
touch the one on the far right that looks like 3 dots,
then touch "open manual"
it will take you to a page that has all the setup help you could ever want.

and like i said ,you NEEEEEED your gps location to be on or it wont work properly.

keep it,they are awesome IMO

Reactions: cavedweller
Placement is the key to accuracy and consistency. I place mine at the muzzle of the rifle (NOT THE EXIT FROM THE MODERATOR!) and it works great.

IMG_9425.jpeg

Reactions: fiske and tibor
Do You know the reason why is GPS location essential for it to work properly?
The use of GPS (or more generally, location services) for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices in Android is not related to the functionality of BLE itself, but rather a requirement imposed by the Android operating system due to privacy concerns.

This is because BLE beacons can be used to determine the location of a device or user, either directly (by measuring the strength of the BLE signal) or indirectly (by knowing the fixed location of the BLE beacon and the fact that the user's device is within range). Thus, the use of BLE could potentially infrive on the user's privacy if it's used without their knowledge or consent.

In order to address these concerns, starting from Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), Google made changes to the permission model and introduced a requirement that apps need to request the ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION (or in later Android versions, ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION) permission before they can scan for BLE devices. This requirement is in place even if the app doesn't actually need or use the device's GPS location.

Placement is the key to accuracy and consistency. I place mine at the muzzle of the rifle (NOT THE EXIT FROM THE MODERATOR!) and it works great.

View attachment 376998
Is yours a CHR21 or 22? I was shipped a FXCHR22 yesterday. Is The CHR21 newer or older. Pics on most sites show the 21. Is the 22 the latest generation?

Is yours a CHR21 or 22? I was shipped a FXCHR22 yesterday. Is The CHR21 newer or older. Pics on most sites show the 21. Is the 22 the latest generation?
I'm curious to know that as well.
And would also like to know if it makes a difference.
Perhaps it is the upgraded software that is important
Edward