FX pocket chronograph ( mounting bracket update )

I emailed them Friday night, and received a response Monday saying the bracket is free under warranty (as I purchased my Radar previously) and they just asked that I pay $5 shipping. 

I agreed to pay the shipping and received an invoice Tuesday and then a response saying it would be shipped out in the next 7 days. 

Excellent customer service and I have one on the way. 

I honestly thought the point of this chrony was to have radar to prevent the light related issues that plague Caldwells and their ilk, while not having to barrel mount it so it could be used for tuning without messing up harmonics/poi? 

Seems to me now that attaching it to the barrel makes it a heavier, bulkier version of a Combro, likely with more poi shift? Granted it has an app and Bluetooth but so do several little Chinese barrel mounted chronys. 

I like the form factor but have held off because of this. Anyone with experience regarding barrel mounting and poi etc?

You are so right!it definitely affects poi,I would think twice investing in it if your finding to shoot groups and tune....

Wish I bought a caldwell,I bought it for the reasons u just summed up,but now I ended up with that big thing on the end of the barrel,no more shooting groups and tuning at the same time.works fine with bracket,but it's not working as advertised(put it under barrel and shoot idea),it works but u get alot of errors or no readings.

I like the form factor but have held off because of this. Anyone with experience regarding barrel mounting and poi etc?

I have one, and I haven’t noticed a POI shift. Perhaps on guns with real barrels and not just liners it’s not heavy enough to affect the POI? I’ve tried it on Vulcan, EDGun, Cricket and no POI change. Haven’t had it on my Crown yet, but I have the 500mm barrel, so hopefully not. I think it may only be an issue with guns like the Crown where you have a long (600 or 700mm) barrel only supported by the first couple of inches near the breech. If you can put a lightweight moderator on your gun without a downward POI shift, the FX Radar won’t affect your POI either. Also, if you have a tube gun, you can put it on the tube, just don’t put the rubber band around the tube and barrel where it is pulling them together or you’ll certainly have a POI shift. ;)

Not for me then I think. Pretty much any mod, including STO'S super light one changes the poi on my daystate and FX rifles.

Must be harmonics rather than pure weight. I have a Weihrauch HW100 Carbine whose poi is bullet proof, but like you said that has a proper, 16mm thick steel barrel. My Vulcan was the same and I can see how a cricket and edgun would be too, with solid barrels, better barrel support and in some cases barrel tensioning to reduce the effect.

Pity, as it really should fill a niche between the awesome but possibly overkill labradar, and the rest of the 'normal' chronys. 

I have one, and I haven’t noticed a POI shift. Perhaps on guns with real barrels and not just liners it’s not heavy enough to affect the POI? I’ve tried it on Vulcan, EDGun, Cricket and no POI change. Haven’t had it on my Crown yet, but I have the 500mm barrel, so hopefully not. I think it may only be an issue with guns like the Crown where you have a long (600 or 700mm) barrel only supported by the first couple of inches near the breech. If you can put a lightweight moderator on your gun without a downward POI shift, the FX Radar won’t affect your POI either. Also, if you have a tube gun, you can put it on the tube, just don’t put the rubber band around the tube and barrel where it is pulling them together or you’ll certainly have a POI shift. ;)

Have you found variance from mounting position from gun to gun or can you mount it consistently across multiple guns and see accuracy in readings?