FX Pocket Chronograph 3D printed mount

I designed a mount for the FX Pocket Chronograph (not the v2) to attach it to the end of the carbon fiber bottle on my Impact M3. Like most of my designs its not pretty but it is functional. :) Thought I would post the stl file here in case its helpful for anyone else.

View attachment fxpocketmount v2.stl.zip

While this mount works great for an Impact m3 with the 600mm barrel it struggles with guns where the CF bottle sits further back from the end of the barrel like on the fx crown. It causes the chono to misses some of the shots. Thanks to some testing from SilentSquirrel we found that just moving it forward fixes the issues. Here is a different design that will hopefully work for more gun configurations. Pretty much the same as previous but a threaded stand-off allows to you adjust how far in front of your bottle you want the chono mounted. stl files attached for anyone that might want to print one.

View attachment FXMount.zip

While this mount works great for an Impact m3 with the 600mm barrel it struggles with guns where the CF bottle sits further back from the end of the barrel like on the fx crown. It causes the chono to misses some of the shots. Thanks to some testing from SilentSquirrel we found that just moving it forward fixes the issues. Here is a different design that will hopefully work for more gun configurations. Pretty much the same as previous but a threaded stand-off allows to you adjust how far in front of your bottle you want the chono mounted. stl files attached for anyone that might want to print one.

View attachment 395994
Very cool, it's amazing how those that know how, can print that kind of stuff.

I designed a mount for the FX Pocket Chronograph (not the v2) to attach it to the end of the carbon fiber bottle on my Impact M3. Like most of my designs its not pretty but it is functional. :) Thought I would post the stl file here in case its helpful for anyone else.

View attachment 391308
Nice work

View attachment 395994
Somebody (you?) should be selling these!
I dont have a 3D printer, and probably never will, although they look very benificial.
Edit...Perhaps the V2 does not need a longer extension?

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Somebody (you?) should be selling these!
I dont have a 3D printer, and probably never will, although they look very benificial.
Edit...Perhaps the V2 does not need a longer extension?
Yes, what he said :D and to fit other bottles.

ThomasT

Reactions: Airgun Al
How about that Coxworkshop!
Youve got 2 customers lined up already, should you decide to print off a few front bottle mounts for the V2 chrony!
haha, very tempting! I don't have a v2 unfortunately so I wouldn't be able to model anything. Sorry guys! Maybe a bottle clamp with picatinny would work? I think i've seen a bunch of people selling stuff like that on ebay. Don't know if that would move the chrono too far out of line with the barrel though?

Reactions: Airgun Al
You could provide the print information here so those that have a printer can make one themselves.
Yep, the print files are already in post #1 and post #6. Everyone has my full permission to print for themselves, friends, sell on eBay etc.

I should caveat that this mount hasn’t been thoroughly tested though. So if someone plans on making them to sell they need to do some more testing.

Last edited:
Yep, the print files are already in post #1 and post #6. Everyone has my full permission to print for themselves, friends, sell on eBay etc.

I should caveat that this mount hasn’t been thoroughly tested though. So if someone plans on making them to sell they need to do some more testing.
Thats very generous of you.
One of these days, I will get the urge , and invest in a 3D printer of some sort!
Thanks much!

Superb work!
If anyone is printing - use PETG!

PLA - will degrade over time, its also too brittle, vibrations & flex will cause it to crack over time, also not UV stable
ASA/ABS - too brittle also

I used to make bicycle mounts for cameras way back, vibrations & plastics was a real PITA to design around. Materials with some flex really fix this.