• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

FX Please Help - How to remove air cylinder on FX Wildcat

Hey! Need to be able to remove a vital part from my FX Wildcat .25 and I figure the easiest part to remove would be the air cylinder if it just unscrews.
I feel I need to check with you guys if the air cylinder is the easiest vital part to remove and how it is removed safely.
Thanks in advance!

-Krister

MOD EDIT: DISCUSSION MOVED TO MANUFACTURER FEEDBACK SO FX CAN SEE IT AND HOPEFULLY RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTION.

why not do the smart thing and ask the business that sold you the Wildcat. I highly doubt FX uses different cylinder set ups between differing models. different size cylinders yes, but internally I bet they are the same. Yes this is an opinion, but think about it from an engineering point of view, it would cost more money to use differing setups and it makes design since and monetary since to make the the cylinder setups the same. Back to the Bobcat, the cylinder does loose a little gas when unscrewing and then to a certain point before the cylinder is removed it quits out gassing. Personally I wouldn't hesitate to slowly unscrew the cylinder on the Wildcat as the valve will stop air from escaping before the cylinder is completely removed, but that is what I would do.

It wouldn't be my choice to unscrew the brass plug above.

But by all means call the business from where you bought the gun. It's just a phone call away and you will get good advice I'm sure.

Thanks for the tip @krasiml! However I still need remove a vital part...

The reason I´m asking about this is that the rules and laws in Norway states that for example when leaving the car unattended while keeping a weapon inside, a vital part is to be removed so that if the car is stolen or broken into, the weapon is not able to be fired without going to "great" lengths. I´m paraphrasing but you get the gist.
There are no specific laws on this matter with air rifles so I assume I have to follow the general weapon laws...

What I´m looking for is an EASY/FAST way to remove a vital part without fiddling to much, using screwdrivers and or powertools(would never do that,lol).

Thanks guys!

"ncstan"Remove the magazine put it in Your pocket. Rifle can not fired .A whole lot easier than removing the air cylinder .
Just loaded and shot the rifle with some scissors yesterday. The magazine will not do. However, if there was some piece of product that could be put in the magazine slot and make loading impossible, then I guess that would do. But it would have to be difficult to remove. A key release or something clever.