FX Panthera

Well not exactly new. Developed in 1915

A9E731CA-12E5-4CDC-80F1-09A8EF37E660.gif

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
I don't think the liner is in the plenum directly exposed to a pressure, and how would you remove for cleaning? Makes more sense to me that a barrel tube as is right now screws into the action block - through the plenum, and shall be there some end cap to seal it. So you accesing the liner same way as is right now on Impacts. And this concept would need specialty tools if you plan to do a calibre change - and FX is mentioning something like that on their website - "calibre change by authorized dealer/service only".

Thanks for that response. My thought is this: if an empty sphere were placed in a container that was pressured to, let's say 250 bar, would the sphere suspend at the center of the container, or just set at the bottom in either case? Does pressure create enough of an increase in density of the air to do this? If so, then I can see the principle.

Reactions: Pellet_77
Oh I thought you loved slinging vitriol? Hope your feelings aren't hurt, besides it might be too late to learn the damage is done. (Or looks to be)
I'm done with you, did nothing to you and you made the decision to get personal like that. Yeah, I'm actually pretty disappointed and hurt. I'd have much more respect if you said something like that in private message or at least in person. That's pretty lame, I was actually kidding around and didn't mean what I said about the Jeep.

• Haha
Reactions: Billions
I'm done with you, did nothing to you and you made the decision to get personal like that. Yeah, I'm actually pretty disappointed and hurt. I'd have much more respect if you said something like that in private message or at least in person. That's pretty lame, I was actually kidding around and didn't mean what I said about the Jeep.
Instant victim. It's ok if I die driving off a cliff in your vehicle, be worth a loss. But that's just a joke, well
I was joking too.

High pressure air exerts a lot of force. I've not heard what reg pressures they're talking for the Panthera, but even 150bar is an immense amount of force. So I can sorta see their theory, the constant inputs and removal of that air, as well as what happens to a scope zero when degassed and then refilled, is where I begin to question the repeatability.
150 bar is 153 kg/cm2, and if its still 14mm barrel house that will be a 1,54 cm2 piston in each end, so the 153 kg/cm2 x 1,54 cm2 will be 235,6 kg of force on each piston in each end, so that x2 will be 471,2 kg of force, imagine that you cut the barrel in the middle of the plenum and it was massive, then you will have a piston in each end pushing 235,6 kg because there is only atmospheric on the outside of the plenum to work against that pressure

The pressure drop in the pelnum will be the exact same on each shot, and now that it is such big plenum it will not be that big a drop in pressure, so I guess the behavior of that pneumatic tensioner is exactly the same on each shot, so I guess not a disadvantage with such plenum tensioner system :)

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66