FX Panthera

I don't think the liner is in the plenum directly exposed to a pressure, and how would you remove for cleaning? Makes more sense to me that a barrel tube as is right now screws into the action block - through the plenum, and shall be there some end cap to seal it. So you accesing the liner same way as is right now on Impacts. And this concept would need specialty tools if you plan to do a calibre change - and FX is mentioning something like that on their website - "calibre change by authorized dealer/service only".

I’m not sure the air industry has moved to 300 bar. Many rifles don’t have 300 bar capabilities, and I think they have disadvantages.

It is really hard to continuously fill to 300 bar unless you are filling directly from your compressor. It doesn’t take long from a bottle before you can’t even fill to 300 bar anymore, so you really don’t get a big advantage from it.

More importantly… Many guns don’t even like being filled to their max of 250 bar, much less 300 bar. The last several rifles I have owned had way worse extreme spreads when filling to max. Even from different manufactures. Red Wolf is one example. If I filled to 220 bar, my extreme spread over the entire shot string could be 10, or if I filled to max it would be 25-30. Exact same for an FX Crown. As long as I stopped at 230, the full spread would be single digits to maybe 10-11, but at a max fill would grow to 25 or more. On both rifles, it was mostly in that first part of the string until it would get down to that 220-230 range. As soon as I documented that and just stopped filling past it, boom… no more fast first shots that were much higher than the rest.
Oddly my maverick shoots the best between 250-300 bar

Call me self centered but I don’t care if it works well for other people and their PRS interest. I shoot paper and steel at long range so this guns would work great. I tether so shot count isn’t important, unlikely to do any sort of walk and hunt with it as I have my impact. For long range I always will use bench or shoot prone so length is not an issue. Length and weight really helps with accuracy.

For really long and precise shots I feel it’s much harder with the impact compared to my crown, only wished my crown has a bit more power……:then comes Panthera! Way to go FX, just the gun I wanted.
Have you seen the new “fx king”? it uses the dynamic block and new short impulse valving just like the panthera and dynamic. Search it up I think you’re gonna like it.

Hi! I just binged the whole "FX Panthera" year old forum.

*The concerns/dislike most users had where:
-Small Shot count (25 bar small bottle placed in the stock).
-Plenum actually working as advertised.
-Panthera fx is marketed as PRS dedicated rifle only.

I believe now with the dynamic release (bottle as a stock) and some after market parts (drop down bottle adapter, rails etc..)now the panthera having small shot count has been mitigated? add another bottle in the front or relocate and switch the back bottle to a bigger front bottle by removing the rail or using the dropdown bottle adaptor.

For the plenum i'm not sure... after a year of release, does the innovation actually works? any disadvantages?

And for the last concern/dislike, Are there not now more versions of the panthera (all the dynamics (VP;AR; etc..) and panthera compact) making it possible to convert the "PRS Dedidcated rifle" into anything you want? for example a folding stock for portability while hunting or backpacking, diferente plenum and barrel sizes, caliber changes, bottle relocator etc... etc... Now theres is even a GRS stock with the new king Fx.

Im not sure if the GRS stock,AR folding stock, diferente plenum and barrels are sold separately? maybe someone can provide information on this matter. Will this parts be available individually?

I´m trying to choose a single Fx airgun to use in PRS and Shooting (2 birds one shot) and the panthera fx 700 mm configuration to a compact hunter and back seems to be my best shot. (get it? best shot as in shooting air rifles :sneaky:).

more info on my thread:

NEW! Am I in the right path? _Choosing attachments for Fx Panthera for Hunting and PRS​

NEW! Am I in the right path? _Choosing attachments for Fx Panthera for Hunting and PRS​

Hello there.
As a short answer to you ... the FX airguns and including the Pantera in your interest ... better be ready to burn your pockets.
You wasting your time speculating ... the options are endless. You cannot know or predict this until you start shooting one - just any model, and learn along the line how to fit the airgun to your posture and to your preferences.
A hundred people can chime in and you will end up with a hundred scenarios and you may not find two a same.
In my case, my very first PCP was the 2020 .25 Impact MK2 PP with 700 liner. I still have it after about some 30K shots and I have no idea how much money I burned into that MK2, my wild guess about 3x the initial cost. And it is now my dedicated 100 meters BR gun 100% not using it for anything else. My second is a semi auto L2 for many other games.
Pantera or not, you will start swapping parts, tuning, swapping again, until sooner or later you will get tired of swapping and ret-unning, and the Pantera will end up playing a one game only. If you smart enough and can plan yourself the parts and expenses, instead of upgrades you better get one more (or one more and one more) and dedicate that one for the other second or third game.
To recap I just wanted to say it is not always the best upgrading and upgrading ....

I may be wrong today, but the time will tell... ;)

Reactions: Billions