FX Panthera

This is gooooooood lol , :ROFLMAO:

It seems as if they went back to single regulator which does actually look like a plus,
really just a reshaped mk2 with a new amp reg mixed with an edgun and a prophet?

Edit: I can see this all making tons of sense for PRS , I just think theres going to be some imaginary dreaming going on of hunting animals at 300 yards now but to each their own

Last edited:
This is gooooooood lol , :ROFLMAO:

It seems as if they went back to single regulator which does actually look like a plus,
really just a reshaped mk2 with a new amp reg mixed with an edgun and a prophet?

So…. a whole new gun? Lol

Reactions: abqjoe
Even if i shoot tethered and also just .177, then rifles with a bottle location like that still have me a bit worried.

Seem like air rifles follow the trend of computer graphics cards,,,,, ever more expensive.
There’s plenty of airguns that use that back end bottle location though. Why would you be worried about this one specifically?

So…. a whole new gun? Lol

Oh ya whole new gun, still using the straw stx barrel system, a regulator they already are using, at least they went back to single reg. Of course its a whole new gun if you only look at its physical appearance and clearly there are some new features but its definitely marketing genius, looks just like all the "super operators" pb rifles you see on instagram.

They've pushed the boundaries of ugly to a level.

They just mimicked the look of the PB chassis rifles as best they could, like I said, its marketing genius

EvBfGxcXAAAWTrE.jpg

I agree it's genius. Dedicated slug gun designed for long range... this is something that a lot of folks seem to want. Not my cup of tea, but there is a whole subculture of folks who enjoy this. I wish other manufacturers would listen to their customers and make adjustments/products as such.

He isn't worried about this one specifically? he clearly states "rifles" with bottles on that location, which would encompass all.
Someone seems like they haven’t had their morning coffee yet 😂 , you’re right I didn’t see the S on rifle, I am dislexic I happened to have read a rifle in stead of “then rifles” it’s a thing, no worries haha.

And yeah it does look like an “operator” gun. That’s a whole market of people that enjoy the style, an impact can look like a “operator” gun technically. This looks like the PRS tactical style shooting platforms. Like it mentions that it’s built for. Lol. Seems like you’re throwing shade cause they built a rifle combining and improving tech they make for a hardcore purpose. That’s like being salty at Microsoft for getting into the RGB lights on their PCs for gamers lol. Just catering to a new demographic. Let’s enjoy the view and get in on the action. No reason to be too cool for school 😎

They just mimicked the look of the PB chassis rifles as best they could, like I said, its marketing genius

View attachment 311643
It also seems to be functional, not just marketing. Also seems to be “inspiration” haha. Have you send Ted’s new video?

It’ll be cool to see at a competition. It’s not just marketing “snake oil” if it’s functional. Catering to a new group of soon to be air gunners isn’t a negative or even a scheme. It’s good for all of us. Atleast that’s my opinion but what do I know.

1670418876683.jpeg

This thread was created prior to the official announcement. See all of the tech and specs:

Someone seems like they haven’t had their morning coffee yet 😂 , you’re right I didn’t see the S on rifle, I am dislexic I happened to have read a rifle in stead of “then rifles” it’s a thing, no worries haha.

And yeah it does look like an “operator” gun. That’s a whole market of people that enjoy the style, an impact can look like a “operator” gun technically. This looks like the PRS tactical style shooting platforms. Like it mentions that it’s built for. Lol. Seems like you’re throwing shade cause they built a rifle combining and improving tech they make for a hardcore purpose. That’s like being salty at Microsoft for getting into the RGB lights on their PCs for gamers lol. Just catering to a new demographic. Let’s enjoy the view and get in on the action. No reason to be too cool for school 😎
In case you haven't noticed theres something "new" from them every 6 months and its a running joke, they finally delivered one of the new things. It is very cool, however, unless it breaks 1100 fps reliably, consistently, and accurately, Ill buy an mk2 like I did over the summer and shoot 1055 fps with 30.5 gr slug and hit 265 yards on a wiffle ball without all the hooplah

However, for hunting this isn't really feasible

Last edited:
But here I am seeing this as a pretty solid hunting platform. Get a 500mm barrel in that thing…with that barrel support. Has the potential to be pretty sweet.

Is it really a better hunting platform than whats out there tho? I have an uragan gen 1 .30 thats only marginally bigger than my taipan compact (so SMALL) and making 90 fpe and moa at 100.

Hunting anything past 150 with an air rifle is just weird to me

Are the barrel liners in this new rifle wrapped in carbon fiber from the factory?

I use 500mm FX barrels as it seems (to me) that barrel flex/whip is a key point to address in their “liner” system. Hopefully they did address with this new rifle. I’m interested to see how the plenum stiffens the barrel liner…

Its interesting that the liners are interchangeable, but caliber is not.

Is it really a better hunting platform than whats out there tho? I have an uragan gen 1 .30 thats only marginally bigger than my taipan compact (so SMALL) and making 90 fpe and moa at 100.

Hunting anything past 150 with an air rifle is just weird to me
Oh I’m sure…but I’m a bit of a rigidity nut.

Crazy…they are running the barrel thru the plenum. Crazy. 250cc plenum. Like almost half the barrel in inside the pressurized plenum.

I don’t care what they say…there is no way that can’t affect the gun in hot and cold temp swings.
That’s a problem with any regulated gun now. And most certainly will affect this gun.