• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Panthera Tungsten or 8mm Hammer or same?

I ordered some of the 8mm hammers. Also they are checking into the carbon fiber barrel sleeves that both of my Pantheras were missing.
Hey drumie!

So the stock 700 mm .25 cal panthera has carbon fiber sleeves from factory? if so how can I check if mine has them? i don't understand why would some have them and some don't. I bought mine from krale... at the end of december 2023

the dynamic has a stronger stem valve, but the maximum use of the 8 mm Hammer still remains, because the 8 mm hammer weighs 13.2 grams, while the tungsten weighs 25.6 grams. the question is 1000 fps with.... cal + slug weight. you didn't specify. i can have 1000 fps and i don't have to change the hammer i just use a light projectile either pellet or slug
Hey Darknes!
How about a .25 cal panthera with 700 mm barrel with slugs ranging from 28 to 53 grain?

I bought my panthera and randomly got some samplers to try them out which included 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 37, 40, 41, 42, 44, 46, 48, 49, 53 grain .25 cal slugs.

Im now starting to understand that for heavier slugs I need the tungsten hammer and valve? 🫣

I have not tried any yet. will i be able to sample or even regularly use the heavier ones? which would be considered to need the tungsten upgrade?

Hey Darknes!
How about a .25 cal panthera with 700 mm barrel with slugs ranging from 28 to 53 grain?

I bought my panthera and randomly got some samplers to try them out which included 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 37, 40, 41, 42, 44, 46, 48, 49, 53 grain .25 cal slugs.

Im now starting to understand that for heavier slugs I need the tungsten hammer and valve? 🫣

I have not tried any yet. will i be able to sample or even regularly use the heavier ones? which would be considered to need the tungsten upgrade?
for slugs up to 45 grains you do not need to change the hammer. 46-65 grains you need an 8mm hammer. Tungsten Hammer is not used at all because it destroys the stem valve.
the original hammer weighs 12.1 grams. 8mm hammer has 13.2 grams. the 8 mm hammer is enough for you to use up to 180 bar setting on the regulator.
as for the stem valve, the panthera basically has a thinner valve and they change it only when they destroy it for a coarser one, at least here in Europe it's like that. the dynamic basically has a slightly larger stem valve and is mainly more massive than the panthera, and according to the service centers, the individual parts are not interchangeable between the panthera and the dynamic, maybe only as a whole. the next part is about the fx liner those are all with chock even the slug liner has chock

the dynamic has a stronger stem valve, but the maximum use of the 8 mm Hammer still remains, because the 8 mm hammer weighs 13.2 grams, while the tungsten weighs 25.6 grams. the question is 1000 fps with.... cal + slug weight. you didn't specify. i can have 1000 fps and i don't have to change the hammer i just use a light projectile either pellet or slug
Besides the grain or caliber one is shooting. The thing I meant is, what's the difference on impact on the valve when you have both hammers hit it to produce the same power? You would have a lower setting on your dial with the tungsten, and a higher setting with the 8mm. Same force that hits the valve right?

The valve system has had several upgrades. Thicker valve, different valve seat, thicker orings and bigger oring chambers. Dynamic and ppanthera have the same valve, it's just upgraded several times. I am still doing several upgrades in several panthera's, especially in the valve system.

Besides the grain or caliber one is shooting. The thing I meant is, what's the difference on impact on the valve when you have both hammers hit it to produce the same power? You would have a lower setting on your dial with the tungsten, and a higher setting with the 8mm. Same force that hits the valve right?

The valve system has had several upgrades. Thicker valve, different valve seat, thicker orings and bigger oring chambers. Dynamic and ppanthera have the same valve, it's just upgraded several times. I am still doing several upgrades in several panthera's, especially in the valve system.
well, like this. tungsten vs 8mm, the problem is that if I use tungsten, even if I have the micro set to the absolute minimum, it will still have a higher impact force on the valve than an 8 mm hammer. example 150 bar reg setting for 50 grain slug cal .25 with an 8mm hammer I will have a micro at 2.8 but if I put tungsten there, even if I had a micro 0 I will have the impact force as if I had a 2.8 x 2.1 set micro because tungsten is 2.1 x larger weight than an 8 mm hammer (original hammer 12.1 grams, 8 mm hammer 13.2 grams, tungsten 26.5 grams) because of the weight of the hammer as a whole, and if I take the basic hammer to have 10.2 grams + inserted (original or 8mm), so 10.2 + 12.1 or 10.2 + 13.2 against 10.2 + 26.5 here you have to see the weight difference that will destroy the stem valve. simply tungsten is too heavy and nothing will help. personally, because I normally make it at home, I use 13.2 grams as universal from 110 to 180 bar and then 13.6 grams when I want to go up to 200 bar regulator settings

Reactions: danny5692
well, like this. tungsten vs 8mm, the problem is that if I use tungsten, even if I have the micro set to the absolute minimum, it will still have a higher impact force on the valve than an 8 mm hammer. example 150 bar reg setting for 50 grain slug cal .25 with an 8mm hammer I will have a micro at 2.8 but if I put tungsten there, even if I had a micro 0 I will have the impact force as if I had a 2.8 x 2.1 set micro because tungsten is 2.1 x larger weight than an 8 mm hammer (original hammer 12.1 grams, 8 mm hammer 13.2 grams, tungsten 26.5 grams) because of the weight of the hammer as a whole, and if I take the basic hammer to have 10.2 grams + inserted (original or 8mm), so 10.2 + 12.1 or 10.2 + 13.2 against 10.2 + 26.5 here you have to see the weight difference that will destroy the stem valve. simply tungsten is too heavy and nothing will help. personally, because I normally make it at home, I use 13.2 grams as universal from 110 to 180 bar and then 13.6 grams when I want to go up to 200 bar regulator settings
I have two .22 panthera's and a king. The panthera's are 700's and the king is a 600mm.
The thing is that my slugs perform very well in the panthera's at 1020fps on 150 bar, hammer 3.7.
The King was set to 155 where the hammer was maxed out at 4 to achieve 1005fps with 34 grains. So more pressure was not possible.
30 grains will do fine with a little less hammer @1030fps. But 30grains perform less in wind compared to 34 grain.
I have set the gun with a new Huma regulator to 160 bar. The tungsten hammer installed...
I can set the hammer to 1.5 and get 950fps to start with. I can't test it fully now but will try and see how much hammer is needed to get those 34's to 1020fps.
In any case I can mill that hammer down to less weight.
That Huma reg is fast compared to the AMP regulator!
I will let you know how it goes. Thx.

I have two .22 panthera's and a king. The panthera's are 700's and the king is a 600mm.
The thing is that my slugs perform very well in the panthera's at 1020fps on 150 bar, hammer 3.7.
The King was set to 155 where the hammer was maxed out at 4 to achieve 1005fps with 34 grains. So more pressure was not possible.
30 grains will do fine with a little less hammer @1030fps. But 30grains perform less in wind compared to 34 grain.
I have set the gun with a new Huma regulator to 160 bar. The tungsten hammer installed...
I can set the hammer to 1.5 and get 950fps to start with. I can't test it fully now but will try and see how much hammer is needed to get those 34's to 1020fps.
In any case I can mill that hammer down to less weight.
That Huma reg is fast compared to the AMP regulator!
I will let you know how it goes. Thx.
yes, I understand what you need to solve, but I can only answer you about the basic thing about the length, mainly depending on the speed and the given setting. a difference in length of 10 cm makes a difference in speed of 10 - 12 ms with the same setting, therefore it is not possible to achieve the same speed with one weight with the same setting of both airguns

Reactions: danny5692
Hey drumie!

So the stock 700 mm .25 cal panthera has carbon fiber sleeves from factory? if so how can I check if mine has them? i don't understand why would some have them and some don't. I bought mine from krale... at the end of december 2023
all panthera's after may 2023 have a carbon sleeve. You can check it bij removing the shroud, the spacer at the front of the barrel and pull out the liner. It will probably come out together with the liner.

yes, I understand what you need to solve, but I can only answer you about the basic thing about the length, mainly depending on the speed and the given setting. a difference in length of 10 cm makes a difference in speed of 10 - 12 ms with the same setting, therefore it is not possible to achieve the same speed with one weight with the same setting of both airguns
I have set the reg pressure at 160 bar. Hammerspringtension micro is set to 2.1ish and produces 1020fps very consistantly.
Twice the weight seems to be half the Hammerspringtension.
I started from 740fps and worked my way up slowly to 1020.
I always had that hard ping.. now it's a dong :)
Shot about 450 slugs today with nice results. But will take it to the range on saturday.
My guess so far is that a heavy hammer is doable, but you should not go for extreme powers. A 600/22 barrel on a dynamic block is not meant to shoot 40 grains at 1050. You will surely mess up that valve.
But a heavy hammer makes a calm action. And that I like a lot.

I have set the reg pressure at 160 bar. Hammerspringtension micro is set to 2.1ish and produces 1020fps very consistantly.
Twice the weight seems to be half the Hammerspringtension.
I started from 740fps and worked my way up slowly to 1020.
I always had that hard ping.. now it's a dong :)
Shot about 450 slugs today with nice results. But will take it to the range on saturday.
My guess so far is that a heavy hammer is doable, but you should not go for extreme powers. A 600/22 barrel on a dynamic block is not meant to shoot 40 grains at 1050. You will surely mess up that valve.
But a heavy hammer makes a calm action. And that I like a lot.
a few things.
1. if you want, feel free to go for Tungsten hammer, it's your choice. I just know it's completely useless.
2. I don't understand why you have to shoot at a speed of 1020 or 1050 fps when most slugs are produced for lower speeds and for proper stabilization in flight, depending on the ballistic coefficient, a speed of around 945-965 fps is completely sufficient.
3. what kind of ammunition do you shoot and at what distance?

a few things.
1. if you want, feel free to go for Tungsten hammer, it's your choice. I just know it's completely useless.
2. I don't understand why you have to shoot at a speed of 1020 or 1050 fps when most slugs are produced for lower speeds and for proper stabilization in flight, depending on the ballistic coefficient, a speed of around 945-965 fps is completely sufficient.
3. what kind of ammunition do you shoot and at what distance?
I'm glad I changed this. It's shooting a whole lot better and the gun is more quiet. It's certainly not useless.
We (9 panthera/king shooters) shoot mostly 34 grain H&N .218 that perform best at 1010/1020. We have tested this at different pressures and speeds beginning 2023 indoor range at 100 meters.
We have tested Zan, Javelin, H&N, JSB, altaros and a few more.
We shoot up to 300 meters outdoor now on the range every saturday.

I'm glad I changed this. It's shooting a whole lot better and the gun is more quiet. It's certainly not useless.
We (9 panthera/king shooters) shoot mostly 34 grain H&N .218 that perform best at 1010/1020. We have tested this at different pressures and speeds beginning 2023 indoor range at 100 meters.
We have tested Zan, Javelin, H&N, JSB, altaros and a few more.
We shoot up to 300 meters outdoor now on the range every saturday.
I understand. just for example now, I am currently shooting my slugs which I adapted to fx liner 1:16 which has a hard chock so for better function I use 6.33 mm slugs. now I will test a modified fx liner 1:18 where I completely removed the chock and made a new throat. so I will have to go full size 6.35mm. personally, I consider 100m to be the minimum for a test of such a powerful air rifle. I myself prefer to shoot at a longer distance of 300+ meters. I don't know what liner you have, but from my experience with chocks, I think that the same weight would work in .216 instead of .218 for better results with a lower regulator pressure setting