FX Panthera Tungsten or 8mm Hammer or same?

Hi Everyone,

I noticed in recent FX videos on the Panthera they discussed upgrading the hammer. In one video they mention that the tungsten hammer is not required and to use an 8 mm hammer. Then in another video they discuss installing a tungsten hammer. Is the 8 mm hammer also made out of tungsten?

These are the two videos I'm referencing:

With the money I've given FX, I could care less what they think about my sharing that email with another customer. C'mon man.
And legally speaking, those email confidentiality notices aren't worth a thing.
Someone on these forums has to always has to play Matlock, lol.
Funny thing is, not only did "Matlock" re post it, he highlighted it! lol. Good to see that he "pays attention". I'm rolling.

Now the question is how do you get the 8mm hammer? I see the tungsten hammer for sale but not the 8mm hammer.
I reached out to FX-USA when I bought my Wildcat BT (same hammers as the Panthera). They sent me a pack with three different weights/lengths. It included the 8mm. I'm sure they would hook you up.

Reactions: qball
After watching the video on the 8mm hammer. I called FX and they also said to stop using the tungsten. I reached out to Utah Airguns and they said the tungsten hammers were cracking valves. They RMA mine back and swapped the hammer with the OEM 6mm hammer. My reg pressure was 150 and now runs at 165-170 bar. I get 14 shots with my Panthera .22 700, shooting HM 34gr at 1020-1050 fps.

I'm considering upgrading to the 300 bar tank, to improve my shot count.

On a side not the HM 34gr .22 shoot really well out of my Panthera.

I have purchased a tungsten hammer for my 25 cal fx panthera 700 mm but still hesitate to put it in. The gun shoots 40 gr slugs very accurately at 1000 fps with a 138 bar reg pressure With stock hammer. I’m still not sure if the extra weight of the heavier hammer is going to do anything for it. The gun is able to reach the desired fps without the hammer change

Hi all, please, could you tell me the measurements in mm and the weight of the Fx Panthera hammer
Thanks in advance
fx-airguns-fx-tungsten-hammer-weight-dreamline-pan.jpg

Did you ever get the measurements I could sure use em...
hammer weight original FX, i have Panthera 600mm cal .22
l1+l=37mm
l1 It depends, I have the 4mm version which weighs 11.47 grams
head dia 10mm, small dia 6.7mm
I purchased two hammer weights from Huma and they have a total length of 39mm, the diameters are the same

now I use the original hammer weight with two washers from the impact slug kit, I increased the weight to 12.32 grams, the power wheel is more modulable. With a reg pressure of 135 bar, wheel 17, HN 27 grains at 1010 FPS
very constant and very accurate

fx-airguns-fx-tungsten-hammer-weight-dreamline-pan.jpg

Last edited:
Would the tungsten hammer work with the stronger valves at all? I mean, you could have the hammer tension at a reasonable setting and not drive the hell out of it?
Would there be a difference in using an 8mm or a tungsten and set it to lets say 1000fps ?

again, most replys are from beginning 2023, the valves are a lot stronger now.
the dynamic has a stronger stem valve, but the maximum use of the 8 mm Hammer still remains, because the 8 mm hammer weighs 13.2 grams, while the tungsten weighs 25.6 grams. the question is 1000 fps with.... cal + slug weight. you didn't specify. i can have 1000 fps and i don't have to change the hammer i just use a light projectile either pellet or slug