FX Panthera Over-hype Video ???

no I didn't start anything but when someone trashes something that they've probably never laid a finger on and for no other reason than just to do it than I'm not going to sit by like a good little dog and let someone trash something that I have thousands of dollars invested into

• Haha
Reactions: thumper
no I didn't start anything but when someone trashes something that they've probably never laid a finger on and for no other reason than just to do it than I'm not going to sit by like a good little dog and let someone trash something that I have thousands of dollars invested into
Dude, they’re pellets guns and meaningless. Direct your energy into helping others, not arguing with them about stuff in your toy box.

Was that in response to my post above
No I was referring to the negativity and the video. I can say I think it’s utterly fugly is about all that I can conclude. I don’t get all the other negativity people have. How do they even know?

No I was referring to the negativity and the video. I can say I think it’s utterly fugly is about all that I can conclude. I don’t get all the other negativity people have. How do they even know?
Cool I agree, I was just wandering since was just below my post ;)

Reactions: 450BM
Over-hyped ? Wake up. Look around. Listen. Pay attention. Analyze. EVERYTHING is over-hyped.....whether it's a toaster, Vitamin B1, cars, shoes or whatever. Fake testimonials, paid reviewers and outright lies. We are all suckers to MARKETING :( :(

(BTW, mine in 22/800 mm should be coming in 6 weeks or so)

If you watch Ted's 300 yd video carefully, you can tell right at the beginning that he just finished getting the dope to the right of the Coke cans on a test target and then tried to quickly acquire and shoot the cans in rapid succession before conditions changed. What we don't see is all the trial and error (misses) getting windage and elevation set just right for that very moment in the conditions.

If people buy this air rifle based on the sensationalism of this video, thinking that they are going to be able to whack stuff regularly at 300 yards easily, then yes they will be disappointed. Certainly it will do much better at shorter ranges, depending on conditions.

Just like any long range shooting, if you have a competent spotter and shooter who can read the hits and compensate for the POI in one instant of time, then such hits are possible but it does take work that wasn't shown in the video.
Actually for hunting in heavy brush/wooder area ( and that is what I do ) I take the Panthera over the Impact anyday,...anyday ;)
Spent plenty of time hunting thick brush fro rabbits with a 27inch barreled shotgun and never once thought, Gee could have killed more if my gun was 3-5 inches shorter. People put way too much importance on how long a gun is. I’ll always pick accuracy before considering gun length

Spent plenty of time hunting thick brush fro rabbits with a 27inch barreled shotgun and never once thought, Gee could have killed more if my gun was 3-5 inches shorter. People put way too much importance on how long a gun is. I’ll always pick accuracy before considering gun length
Absolutely agree with you, nowadays the bullpup craze is all in and people think it's the only rifle that are worth hunting with.

..........And weigth !

I take a 7 pound 40" rifle rather then a 8.5 pounds 33" Pup,.......anyday

Last edited:
Disappointed with the hunting vids that come out w Panthera... Next to fact that shooting at 2-300 yards is nothing new (more impressed w the Russian shooting a V3 at 900yds tbh) those long range hunting vids are completely unethical pumping 2-3 shots into the animal before it goes down. Hope not too many take inspiration from that. But reading the comments on the tube proves the opposite. Sad.

Over-hyped ? Wake up. Look around. Listen. Pay attention. Analyze. EVERYTHING is over-hyped.....whether it's a toaster, Vitamin B1, cars, shoes or whatever. Fake testimonials, paid reviewers and outright lies. We are all suckers to MARKETING :( :(

(BTW, mine in 22/800 mm should be coming in 6 weeks or so)
Wait… is it offered in 800mm?

Disappointed with the hunting vids that come out w Panthera... Next to fact that shooting at 2-300 yards is nothing new (more impressed w the Russian shooting a V3 at 900yds tbh) those long range hunting vids are completely unethical pumping 2-3 shots into the animal before it goes down. Hope not too many take inspiration from that. But reading the comments on the tube proves the opposite. Sad.
I think that's just bad shots. I can smack a prairie dog at 200y with my .25 impact and she done.

Lot of the panthera hunting videos I seen, it doesn't seem like they have sat down and tuned the gun, figured their ballistics, got their dope dialed, and THEN went hunting.

Regardless.. ethical hunting is always a huge debate.