• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Panthera Over-hype Video ???

Many PB tournaments wont even allow this rifle or similar airguns. The PB guys are bitching up a storm already. I asked many times and was denied access at my range, even thou the 22 lr would crush with my setup.
What are they bitching about? Air guns too quiet, too accurate or ammo too cheap (not to mention available)? Or are they saying “This is a 22 rimfire match and by golly you have to shoot a 22 rimfire, the rules say so!”?

If you have shot any NRL22 matches, then the design all make sense. The form factor is really close to most the the 22lr's being shot right now. The limitations of the gun based on those design choices are a sacrifice that had to be made for a purpose built NRL22/PRS gun. If you don't shot those type of matches then look at a different gun. There are ton's to chose from. I plan on ordering mine on Monday.

Folks, just pondering a question is the new FX panthera airgun over-hyped ? I have a question at then end and am curious if you could write your answer in this thread or the video thread .... Thanks again....

I don't think it's overly hyped. I think they want a new segment. No way this is intended to replace the M3. Totally different.

Reactions: 450BM
What are they bitching about? Air guns too quiet, too accurate or ammo too cheap (not to mention available)? Or are they saying “This is a 22 rimfire match and by golly you have to shoot a 22 rimfire, the rules say so!”?
I have no idea. it just different but there is a clear line that airguns are not welcome in these events. Just an FYI if somebody buys the rifle and expects to compete at some different ranges be prepared to be shown the door. I tried and tried, never got a specific reason besides must be a .22 rimfire.....

I have no idea. it just different but there is a clear line that airguns are not welcome in these events. Just an FYI if somebody buys the rifle and expects to compete at some different ranges be prepared to be shown the door. I tried and tried, never got a specific reason besides must be a .22 rimfire.....
You must be going to very different matches that I go to. Every NRL22 match I have been to is very friendly (very competitive but very friendly). Most people offer to help other shooters anyway they can. If you are shooting something different than everyone else there is usually a crowd asking questions. And if an airgun shoots better than their Vudoos and CZs then they would be on Uath Air or The Pellet Shop on Monday asking what the hot setup is with a credit card in hand.

With the Panthera, FX is cadering to a niche market. A niche market that tends to throw a lot of money at their guns. If that is not your thing, then move along nothing to see here. If it is, then the Panthera is a very exciting gun.

Reactions: qball
So does this. Not sure what your point is?

View attachment 312509

Although it’s “purpose built” for NRL-22/PRS, anyone want to bet we see more than one or two shooting 100Y BR at RMAC?
The two things that stand out to me on this gun are the plenum located around the breech end of the barrel, and the short throw high volume valve. We’ll most definitely see that valve on other FX models in the coming year.
My point is that I was answering another guys post saying that fxs are basically junk and I was showing him that fx filled the top 9 at rmac and if they can do that than I guess their not junk like he's trying to say

So, did you end up getting a .22LR rifle in order to join?
I do have a few 22LR but have not shot in those competitions. I really enjoy airguns I was a bit turned off on my multiple times me asking if I can shoot with my airguns I was like aahh ok. The event owners thought it would be too much of a distraction and did now want to have to put up with the headache.
That being said I always get questions at the range and even a few guys said ahh yea they are probably going to start banning those guns more in other events because the rimfire guys are bitching. You have to understand, if an airgun guy gets beat by an rimfire it is expected but these rimfire guys take it to another level and start to piss and moan maybe they feel embarrassed. I am not saying all events are doing this just some here in the Midwest and in Nebraska. If I could compete with my airgun I would because I just love shooting...... All powder burners here in Nebraska and I am a rare one and exceptions are not allowed.

Over hype video?? Well let’s see. How many topics do we have instantly because of this gun? How many clueless video junkies think they just found their out of the box 150 yard sparrow popper? Not over hyped. Perfectly marketed to the naive, and just what competitors might need. It’s just another gun. And hopefully a good one.

Reactions: L.Leon and 2L8
I don’t get the analysis of “hype/marketing”, while I think jaydog has good intention but I think he missed the fact FX is marketing to rimfire guys, airgun market is VERY saturated and HUGE opportunities lies in the PB/rimfire world. Matt’s video specifically said purposely built for NR22 and PRS trainer rifle. Airgun PRS is niche within a niche that’s within a niche!

Not sure how to make FX “marketing” more clear here……..FX is NOT trying to “market” the Panthera to us airgunners!!!

Cracks me up when all the FX haters spend time to dis FX marketing especially with this gun when FX isn’t even trying to “marketing” to them. Reminds me of when in high school the hot girl in class smiles and wave at you, you waved back but realized she is waving to someone behind you. 🤣🤣🤣
100% this rifle is intended to get more rimfire guys to buy FX products in general with the new Panthera as their "gateway drug". FX is going after the competition market aggressively with this model and good for them it's a smart move. I own 6 FX rifles but this won't be one of of them and I'm fine with that I just hope some of the tech in the rifle makes it in one form or another to other models.

Hello everyone and @jaydog

OK my 2-cents worth. The first thing should be that FX and all of the other manufactures "finish" their current products. What I mean, I love my Crown, BUT it was not and still is not "finished", and if you own one you surely do understand. I am still tuning and adjusting and......, and....., waiting for the rifle to shoot good every time that I shoot it. But it doesn't, yes after almost a year I have pretty well tuned it and I do get some really good scores on targets, but I also get some not so good. How much extra money and time have I spent "fixing" what FX did not! I have shot PB for 50+ years and I have in my gun safe a rifle ( custom ) that less the scope cost me less than 1K, and I can get it right now load up a clip of off the shelf ammo and shoot a MOA 4 out of 5 times. Speaking just for myself, I don't need another "new" gun to spend the next year and a bunch of money trying to fix it.

Happy Holidays to all
ThomasT
I own 2 Crowns (500mm 22 and 600 mm 25) and so far they seem pretty perfect to me but then I don't need MOA at 100 yards. I just need MOSI (Moment Of Squirrel Impact) in this case ground squirrels here in CA at 100 yards or less and so far I have been able to do that no problem without really having to do anything. I get each person may want something different out of their rifle but for me and my needs the Crowns (and really all my FX rifles) are pretty darn perfect right out of the box.

Reactions: qball and 450BM
Well generally FX is really good at marketing and over hype is real. Their products simply arent revolutionary or superior vs others in anyway. Yet they always make it sound like that and alot of ppl buy it 100%. Im not aware of anything new they have managed to come by outside of those liners that Im not personally fan of.

Dont put words in my mouth...... We could start whole another topic how legimate that competition is...
I didn't put words in your mouth you said that fx airguns are not superior in any way over other airguns so not superior is therefore junk am I right and if rmac isn't legit than maybe you should explain or maybe you should go to rmac with a camera and dispute the whole competition for the world to see than no one will be deceived by them anymore oh and by the way I didn't thumbs down any of your posts because I was willing to have a discussion first but apparently you would rather condemn me before trying to prove your point👍👍👍

4BF13C01-9685-47A6-9150-9E67C692F919.jpeg