• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Panthera Over-hype Video ???

Well generally FX is really good at marketing and over hype is real. Their products simply arent revolutionary or superior vs others in anyway. Yet they always make it sound like that and alot of ppl buy it 100%. Im not aware of anything new they have managed to come by outside of those liners that Im not personally fan of.

5 mins of my life I won’t get back. Complete jibbersih.
the panthera is a purpose built platform for nrl22 or prs competitions. I will not replace the impact, as the impact didn’t replace the crown, and so on. Guys will always shoot what they’re most comfortable with. The technology available these days has brought us to a point where it’s not about the next best airgun coming out. It’s about the air gun that fits you the best, and does what you want it to do FOR YOU. there will always be FX marketing hype behind their products, but so far, all I’ve seen them pushing is that it’s PURPOSE BUILT. the haters gotta stop making it what it isn’t.

I have not shot nor have one of this new panthera rifles in my hand, but.... What I see is a new product that is less effective than the previous of the market of the same maker:

More uncomfortable to carry, uglier, heavier, less shots per fill, larger, in a word: "Discusting".

I understand that the M3 could be a more "complete" rifle, but the Maverick looks an easier one.

Maverick is attractive.

For sure FX invested a long time of Halloween night meetings to get to a so horrible design for getting to the Panthera..

Last edited:
If you watch Ted's 300 yd video carefully, you can tell right at the beginning that he just finished getting the dope to the right of the Coke cans on a test target and then tried to quickly acquire and shoot the cans in rapid succession before conditions changed. What we don't see is all the trial and error (misses) getting windage and elevation set just right for that very moment in the conditions.

If people buy this air rifle based on the sensationalism of this video, thinking that they are going to be able to whack stuff regularly at 300 yards easily, then yes they will be disappointed. Certainly it will do much better at shorter ranges, depending on conditions.

Just like any long range shooting, if you have a competent spotter and shooter who can read the hits and compensate for the POI in one instant of time, then such hits are possible but it does take work that wasn't shown in the video.

Hello everyone and @jaydog

OK my 2-cents worth. The first thing should be that FX and all of the other manufactures "finish" their current products. What I mean, I love my Crown, BUT it was not and still is not "finished", and if you own one you surely do understand. I am still tuning and adjusting and......, and....., waiting for the rifle to shoot good every time that I shoot it. But it doesn't, yes after almost a year I have pretty well tuned it and I do get some really good scores on targets, but I also get some not so good. How much extra money and time have I spent "fixing" what FX did not! I have shot PB for 50+ years and I have in my gun safe a rifle ( custom ) that less the scope cost me less than 1K, and I can get it right now load up a clip of off the shelf ammo and shoot a MOA 4 out of 5 times. Speaking just for myself, I don't need another "new" gun to spend the next year and a bunch of money trying to fix it.

Happy Holidays to all
ThomasT

If you watch Ted's 300 yd video carefully, you can tell right at the beginning that he just finished getting the dope to the right of the Coke cans on a test target and then tried to quickly acquire and shoot the cans in rapid succession before conditions changed. What we don't see is all the trial and error (misses) getting windage and elevation set just right for that very moment in the conditions.

If people buy this air rifle based on the sensationalism of this video, thinking that they are going to be able to whack stuff regularly at 300 yards easily, then yes they will be disappointed. Certainly it will do much better at shorter ranges, depending on conditions.

Just like any long range shooting, if you have a competent spotter and shooter who can read the hits and compensate for the POI in one instant of time, then such hits are possible but it does take work that wasn't shown in the video.
yes im sure he took few shot to get it right, o well when i hit my range at 50 yards its dial to 50 and bang. think its a little different at 300 yards dont think antbody here is thinking dial up at 300 and go. but im sure the whiskey guys will sure showcase what real world testng

Reactions: 450BM and RAMJET66
What does Dusty Power’s Crown have to do with the Panthera? Two completely different guns used in two completely different disciplines.
The comparison is worse than apples and oranges. It is more like bowl of ice cream vs a steak.
Like madeintheUK said, 5 minutes of my life I will never get back. The only conclusion i drew is that the guy in the video can be added to the list of people who do not comprehend the term “purpose built gun.”
It is not designed to be a bench shooter or hunting gun. It was made to compete in PRS and nothing more. There will be some overlap but that was not the idea behind the design.

I think its a cool looking gun. My opinion! I own a bunch of different brands, Daystate, FX, AGT, RTI and Brocock. This gun was purpose built for competition but doesn't mean it would do well hunting also. I live out west so the length isn't an issue for me since its pretty wide open out here. I preordered a 600mm 22cal. I know it has a small bottle but its for a reason. If I can get 30 to 40 shots per fill I'm fine with that. We've gotten so used to 100 plus shots per fill and anything less is worthless??? And yes, if its a big POS then you will be seeing it on the classifieds very quickly. I'm not one to crap on a product before I can try it out for myself and develop my own opinion. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion and this is mine for what its worth! I just think we are all so lucky to be in this sport at this time with all the innovations and advancements being made by all companies so quickly! :)

Everyone just needs to remember that this gun is Purpose built. I could have paid for one last Monday while on the phone with Bin at The Pellet Shop and had it this coming week. But, I decided to complete my intended purchase which was for an M3 Compact in 30 cal because it suited my needs better. I don't really think FX is over-hyping it, marketing it YES, but not over-hyping it. Over-hyping it would involve claiming that it does everything under the sun well. But that isn't the case, they are saying exactly what it's built for. Marketing yes! Gotta pay for all that r&d and overhead required to bring it to life.

I think people are good at winding them self up, this go for FX fans to FX haters.
The FX fans as they want a new toy to love, the FX haters as FX have made another tool they can direct their hate at.

PS. i saw the video earlier, or that is the first minute of it, then i moved on regretting me ever clicking on it,,,,,, Note to self,,,, Be better than that dammit.

I don’t get the analysis of “hype/marketing”, while I think jaydog has good intention but I think he missed the fact FX is marketing to rimfire guys, airgun market is VERY saturated and HUGE opportunities lies in the PB/rimfire world. Matt’s video specifically said purposely built for NR22 and PRS trainer rifle. Airgun PRS is niche within a niche that’s within a niche!

Not sure how to make FX “marketing” more clear here……..FX is NOT trying to “market” the Panthera to us airgunners!!!

Cracks me up when all the FX haters spend time to dis FX marketing especially with this gun when FX isn’t even trying to “marketing” to them. Reminds me of when in high school the hot girl in class smiles and wave at you, you waved back but realized she is waving to someone behind you. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Folks, just pondering a question is the new FX panthera airgun over-hyped ? I have a question at then end and am curious if you could write your answer in this thread or the video thread .... Thanks again....

To answer the question at the end of your video;

Without even pondering the question the Panthera 10 fold, as a Hunter the Panthera, for my style hunting is a far superior tool then a Crown.