FX Panthera now shipping in the US

100-ish shot count? Which current gun has 100 ish shot count shooting .22 cal 40 grain slugs at 1050 fps? Even with a 700cc bottle you’d be lucky to get 30…
Right?? I don't get quite a full mag til I drop within 20 bar of reg-set which is refill time (M3 with power block, 700mm and 700cc, 35gr at 1010ish)!

Hoping this new super duper valving has some magic sauce. Think that's why you're seeing it being promoted with buying a 300bar 300cc bottle from the get-go (heaven forbid it comes with one)...more shots per fill. Straight-up math, the 250bar 300cc will barely have enough ooomph to do a 12 round stage unless this valve is truly magical. Definitely forces heavy weight .22 shooters to the 700mm version.

That being said--still in to see the performance of the .22 and .25 600mm versions! Just hope they're released before the Panthera MK2 is announced!

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
Right?? I don't get quite a full mag til I drop within 20 bar of reg-set which is refill time (M3 with power block, 700mm and 700cc, 35gr at 1010ish)!

Hoping this new super duper valving has some magic sauce. Think that's why you're seeing it being promoted with buying a 300bar 300cc bottle from the get-go (heaven forbid it comes with one)...more shots per fill. Straight-up math, the 250bar 300cc will barely have enough ooomph to do a 12 round stage unless this valve is truly magical. Definitely forces heavy weight .22 shooters to the 700mm version.

That being said--still in to see the performance of the .22 and .25 600mm versions! Just hope they're released before the Panthera MK2 is announced!
Exactly, they could say it’s “twice as efficient” like another recent post for a different high end gun, but we all know that’s total bull sh!t. I’d think it’s probably a great advancement if it’s 20 to 25% more efficient. Since no numbers have been released in either case, it’s hard to say. I’d love to see numbers like start and stop pressure, reg setting, bottle or tube volume, FPE, etc. Anxiously awaiting real world numbers.

Last edited:
Exactly, they could say it’s “twice as efficient” like another recent post for a different high end gun, but we all know that’s total bull sh!t. I’d think it’s probably a great advancement if it’s 20 to 25% more efficient. Since no numbers have been released in either case, it’s hard to say. I’d love to see numbers like start and stop pressure, reg setting, bottle or tube volume, FPE, etc. Anxiously awaiting real world numbers.
What we really need in the airgun world since terms get thrown around like efficiency, shot count, double the efficiency (vs a big bore 🤣), etc...and FYI, 75% of all stats are made up 😂...we need some sort of consistent way to measure efficiency. Like a standard--that would be apples to apples. Given the range of power on our PCP's today--almost an impossible task but would be cool to figure out.

Last edited:
What we really need the the airgun world since terms get thrown around like efficiency, shot count, double the efficiency (vs a big bore 🤣), etc...and FYI, 75% of all stats are made up 😂...we need some sort of consistent way to measure efficiency. Like a standard--that would be apples to apples. Given the range of power on our PCP's today--almost an impossible task but would be cool to figure out.
Lloyd Sikes used to have an online calculator for fpe/cubic inch of air used. It was the best efficiency standard that I've come across.

Take psi of air used and convert that to bar by dividing by 14.5.

Multiply this number by the cubic inches of the airtube or tank.

This gives you the total air available in cubic inches.

Take total air available divided by the fpe. Then take your total number of shots divided by this number to get the efficiency in fpe per cubic inch. The higher the number...the more efficient the rifle is.

Mike

Pondering this in theory on how to "dial-in" efficiency?

First, you need to measure muzzle velocity. If you decrease valve timing and you see a muzzle velocity drop immediately, then you were close to peak efficiency already. If no decrease in muzzle velocity, then you continue decreasing the valve timing gradually until the muzzle velocity starts to drop. Keep decreasing valve timing until it drops about 5-10 fps.

To dial in the best compromise between a few fps speed gain vs less air use would be to measure the pressure of the air inside the barrel right at the muzzle before the pellet exits. Let's say that 1400psi gives you 690fps, and 1450psi gives you 695fps, and 1500 psi gives you 700fps, and 1600psi gives you 705fps and 1850psi gives you 710fps, then you dial it in at around 700fps.

Comments?

Reactions: qball
I’d love to see numbers like start and stop pressure, reg setting, bottle or tube volume, FPE, etc. Anxiously awaiting real world numbers.
CC - Josh’s (Pursuit of Accuracy) last video mentions reg setting fill pressure and finishing pressure with his shot counts.

Hoping this new super duper valving has some magic sauce.
I’m hoping it does have some magic sauce for when then put a larger bottle up front like they mention in the new FX video. I love the Crown and regret getting rid of mine, so maybe this could help with a little more power and a stiffening of the barrel system.

Reactions: M0ist0ne and qball
CC - Josh’s (Pursuit of Accuracy) last video mentions reg setting fill pressure and finishing pressure with his shot counts.

I’m hoping it does have some magic sauce for when then put a larger bottle up front like they mention in the new FX video. I love the Crown and regret getting rid of mine, so maybe this could help with a little more power and a stiffening of the barrel system.
I hope so too, but hope isn't really a strategy. In his video he took ten shots from 250 bar to 190 bar. Shooting 34 grain slugs at 1040-ish FPS. With the reg at 175 to 180 bar, that's maybe 12 or 13 shot at "full power", and not even the 40 grain at 1050 which is what is advertised (.22 LR Rimfire power). I'm interested in seeing a full shot string with the 300cc bottle and 250 bar fill with 40 grain slugs at 1050 fps. Preferably by a non-paid FX spokesperson.

Reactions: Deleted 45061
I'm still waiting for FX to reply about all the backordered stuff mentioned a few threads back... 177 liners, conversion kits, wave of the future halo ammo..
The .177 heavy liner "recipe" has just finished. .177 700mm heavy liners are starting to hit the market in Europe, we haven't received them yet in the US but they are ordered.

Halo's are developed, just waiting for some key aspects for the machines to mass produce in numbers to get them to market without them running out.

Conversion kits are fully stocked at FX USA - that is certainly the case of the dealer not ordering them. By all means at this point just call FX USA directly and we'll take care of you.

Yes there are certain items like 177 liner and Halo that aren't stocked as these are being completed, but 98% of everything else is. I should have clarified that most items that historically have had long wait times (Impacts, rifles in general, barrel kits, barrel tuners, tensioned kits, 580cc bottles, etc) now are commonly in stock or are being replenished quickly versus the delays that were experienced during Covid. Hope that clarifies, as yes, of course not everything is always in stock - that would be a bad business model for us for multiple reasons. :)

I hope so too, but hope isn't really a strategy. In his video he took ten shots from 250 bar to 190 bar. Shooting 34 grain slugs at 1040-ish FPS. With the reg at 175 to 180 bar, that's maybe 12 or 13 shot at "full power", and not even the 40 grain at 1050 which is what is advertised (.22 LR Rimfire power). I'm interested in seeing a full shot string with the 300cc bottle and 250 bar fill with 40 grain slugs at 1050 fps. Preferably by a non-paid FX spokesperson.
Totally understand. I “think” he said his reg was set to 185.

The .177 heavy liner "recipe" has just finished. .177 700mm heavy liners are starting to hit the market in Europe, we haven't received them yet in the US but they are ordered.

Halo's are developed, just waiting for some key aspects for the machines to mass produce in numbers to get them to market without them running out.

Conversion kits are fully stocked at FX USA - that is certainly the case of the dealer not ordering them. By all means at this point just call FX USA directly and we'll take care of you.

Yes there are certain items like 177 liner and Halo that aren't stocked as these are being completed, but 98% of everything else is. I should have clarified that most items that historically have had long wait times (Impacts, rifles in general, barrel kits, barrel tuners, tensioned kits, 580cc bottles, etc) now are commonly in stock or are being replenished quickly versus the delays that were experienced during Covid. Hope that clarifies, as yes, of course not everything is always in stock - that would be a bad business model for us for multiple reasons. :)
Thank you for your reply... Much appreciated 👍

Reactions: cwil58
I expect that for the Panthera to perform fully to its advertised/ hyped/ expected potential, one will find that the purchase of optional bits from FX will be necessary.

Think back a bit shall we...........

How many optional parts, upgrades and assorted bits are necessary to get the Impact or Crown performing at the level everyone seems to be convinced that it should be performing for competitions?

Not casting aspersions, merely pointing out that FX has consistently created their own market for accessories and upgrades with every new model they release. Will the Panthera be any different?

I am NOT a FX hater, I still own 4, just thinking out loud.....