• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX FX Panthera next day

Jan 3, 2024
CA
I'm not sure is this is normal for an FX, but my 1st shot the next day is around 80fps less. It takes a few shots to get back up to where it was before. I do notice the reg pressure goes up about 8 bar. This could be from the temperature difference filling outside, but doesn't explain the slower fps, if anything I would think it would increase. Anyone care to add.

When the pressure creeps up, the valve releases less air from the same hammer strike, so the projectile speed is lower. What you’re observing is the reg creeping up overnight. If it’s new, it can take a few hundred cycles (shots) to settle in. You can dry fire rather than waste ammo. Some never settle to a satisfactory level and my sense of the Panthera regs is that they’re not very comfortable operating at <125bar. In that case, you can get a Huma replacement that is optimized for lower pressure use.

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
Makes sense that the higher pressure on the valve causes lower fps with the same hammer adjustment. Valve closes faster. I actually swapped the reg to a HUMA. Factory one was a joke and may massage it at a later date. I think I'm not getting any creap as my bottle pressure also goes up a bit. When I'm done shooting, I top off the gun then bring it inside which can be about 40 degrees different.