FX Panthera - glad I purchased it…..

494F1DFC-728D-497A-A432-C7F6582CD42B.jpeg
Those of you that follow my posts know that I am fortunate to own several high quality air rifles.

I was somewhat on the fence about ordering a Panthera, but now that I have had it for 6 weeks or so, I am really glad I purchased it.

The 700mm .22 is tuned for the ZAN 30.5 Gr slug shooting at 1060 fps and if I do my part, it strikes where I am aiming every time.

Because I like to do my set-up on my indoor range at 18 yards (my close zero), the far zero is 76 yards, translating to a 3” total arc from 18 to 101 yards. I can get a full 18 shot mag through before it drops off the reg now set at 162. For those interested, I have the Macro adjuster set at 23 and the Micro at 3 1/2.

While one wouldn’t want to carry it through the woods (I have it fully weighted) you wouldn’t have to. Find a stump to set it on and any squirrel within 125 yards that passes through the lense of the Sightron 10-50x60 scope should be nearly automatically dead.

And while really long with the added moderator, it is extremely quiet for the power output as one mostly hears only the hammer strike.

A very special purpose rifle indeed, but deserving of a space in many airgun enthusiast’s collection.

Congrats. I too was on the fence about this platform but got the short 30 one. After adding a front bottle to my 500mm, it is my favorite rifle now. The consistency I get from shot to shot surpasses every rifle I own. The 500mm is easier to tote for hunting is why I went with it. It's not a bullpup, but it handles and feels like a 'real' rifle in the woods.

Reactions: qball and bdzjlz
Congrats. I too was on the fence about this platform but got the short 30 one. After adding a front bottle to my 500mm, it is my favorite rifle now. The consistency I get from shot to shot surpasses every rifle I own. The 500mm is easier to tote for hunting is why I went with it. It's not a bullpup, but it handles and feels like a 'real' rifle in the woods.
Does putting a bottle in the front have any drawbacks?

Have you guys "owners" found any negative issues or is there anything annoying that you wish you could change. In considering one but considering waiting a few more months and looking for feedback. For those of you that have this and an Impact M3 which do you prefer and why.

As I would be shooting in the back yard and do have an HOA(a few Karens looming about) how loud is it and would you recommend a moderator?

To me the low shot count would be annoying. Does anyone else find it annoying or do you just get uses to it. I dont have an SCBA tank currently but my compressor is only a few feet away.

I pretty much shoot form a window in the house so the gun would be stationary for 90% of the time and have a a good 130yds of shooting space in the back yard. My use case would be plinking and accuracy at 100+. Would this be overkill?

Are you primarily using slugs or pellets?

Last edited:
I have the Alteros moderator with the muzzle break on mine. Works great. The sound of the projectile's impact down range is louder than the rifle's report by far.

As previously stated, I can get a full mag (18 shots) through before it drops off of the reg (filling to 250 bar). I don't necessarily care for the rear fill as the hose is kind of annoyance in to wrap one's hand around when shooting it tethered, but I haven't taken the time to work out changing the foster fitting to the forward location. If I want to shoot for an extended period, I keep two Great White tanks filled from my Alkin W31 compressor - one I only fill to 250 bar so I can use it as a tether tank with the valve fully opened.

Shooting stationary from the house and having 130 yards, I think you would be thrilled with it.

Reactions: FIDI_G
Anyone use this rifle in NRL22 / PRS? The 700 is really long, and I'm curious if you can get the 22/25 in 600 down to an MOA at 100. I'd be looking to shoot 34gr in 22 or 40/41 in 25.

I'm working on my 700mm 22 M3 (heavy liner) currently and got it shooting 34gr slugs at about 1.5 to 2 MOA at 100. It's a work in progress. I had a 600mm 25 heavy liner on it before but couldn't get results I was happy with. I'm not super confident the 600mm 25 liner is good with slugs, at least on the M3.

I'm interested to hear some real world feedback about the Panthera used for this purpose.

I haven't shot it in any events and likely never will. I can tell you that I am shooting the 30.5 Zans in the 700MM consistently to +/- .8" at 85 yards, I haven't had the chance to take if further yet. I tried to .217 & .218 34s, 35s, and 40s but couldn't get them to shoot as well as the 30.5s...... Maybe with more time and trial I could get there but at this point I see no need. I ordered 4000.

Does putting a bottle in the front have any drawbacks?
Weight (especially with a 700cc) and losing the front rail. I only use the front bottle when shooting from the bench. I will also say that I'm not the biggest fan of the bottle clamps for attaching a bipod. Much prefer a rail for attachments. When hunting, I will take it off and only use the rear, which has plenty of air for hunting. Saber tactical has a rail coming out soon that will accommodate a front bottle.
For now, It's a really easy process to remove or install the factory front rail and front bottle. So I don't really mind converting it for hunting when I need to.

As I would be shooting in the back yard and do have an HOA(a few Karens looming about) how loud is it and would you recommend a moderator?
My 500mm Panthera in 30 cal is VERY backyard friendly with a Donny Ronin on the front. Granted, my reg is only at 135. I always recommend the use of a moderator on any rifle. Anything that would divert negative attention to our hobby gets a thumbs up from me.

Have you guys "owners" found any negative issues or is there anything annoying that you wish you could change. In considering one but considering waiting a few more months and looking for feedback. For those of you that have this and an Impact M3 which do you prefer and why.

I have 3 Pantheras and the only "annoying" (perhaps disappointing is a better word) thing about them all is the sound these rifles make when you fire off a slug - it literally sounds like someone is taking a box wrench and whacking the bottom of an empty gas can. Although this is obviously being very picky about the mere sound of the action, its just odd when compared to the compact and snappy action/noise of the M3.

I am guessing its due to the plenum design, and possibly other unique features of the Panthera.

I do love the Panthera....long range excellence so far, in my experience.

I have 3 Pantheras and the only "annoying" (perhaps disappointing is a better word) thing about them all is the sound these rifles make when you fire off a slug - it literally sounds like someone is taking a box wrench and whacking the bottom of an empty gas can. Although this is obviously being very picky about the mere sound of the action, its just odd when compared to the compact and snappy action/noise of the M3.

I am guessing its due to the plenum design, and possibly other unique features of the Panthera.

I do love the Panthera....long range excellence so far, in my experience.
Hear you about the Panthera's sound. Its unique. Was concerned at first, used to it now - makes me smile 'cause I know it's shooting great :)

Reactions: L.Leon and FL991R