FX Panthera compact Hunter .25 Cal vs. Sidewinder .25 accuracy at 100 yards.

Maybe because of the design of the pellets after 80 yards the decrease of fps make the pellet to fly more erratically..... ¿ Could that be?

After 70ish yards the wind really start to get hold of the pellets. Like @Vetmx already said, you are NOT shooting groups, you are simply aim at center and see where the pellets land and hope they are close. You had over 2 MOA of drift you did not compensate for it. Those who shoot bench rest are all about reading the wind and adjust for it, most of the time they can get 5 shot groups under MOA or 1 inch C2C at 100 yards sometime 1/2 MOA.

I would recommend testing pellet accuracy at 50 yards in calm conditions. Try to read and adjust for the wind, don’t know about the sidewinder but the Panthera is a sub MOA gun all day if the shooter does his part.

Maybe because of the design of the pellets after 80 yards the decrease of fps make the pellet to fly more erratically..... ¿ Could that be?
I don’t think I’ve ever took a gun out of the box, grabbed a tin of pellets and automatically started shooting nice groups at 100 yards. Especially with 33.95’s. I’ve had guns do pretty darn good as I worked my way out from 30, 50, 75 then not look so good at 100 until I did some fiddling with my velocities and weighing certain pellets that seem to be made by a drunk. What we read on forums and see in videos makes it seem like 100 yards is just an afterthought with these mega airguns, but it’s not. It just appears or seems to be but that’s not reality. Like I said before, find out how far you can shoot nice groups, then go from there. And remember it’s not just you. You are not the only poor soul on AGN that has struggles at 100. You are in the majority, not the minority.

Reactions: Jez
EBR....
Good batches of pellets vs not so good as well as sorting ammo.
Super solid BR tables and bench rest systems.
Highly tuned guns and many aftermarket parts including specially selected barrels taking target shooting to higher levels.
Wind flags and the skill to read them.
Lots of practice.

Even so these are pellet guns shooting a .05-ish BC mass produced pellets not 22rf BR rifles capable of 1/2" at 100Y or centerfire benchrest rifles capable of sub 1/4" groups all day long at 100Y.

Some of the most frustrating moments in my life were when practicing at 100Y outdoors using pellets, especially with 22 cal JSB MRD's, LOL! I rarely shoot pellets past 75Y because of that.

I agree with Steve. You want to compare pellet guns without a ton of fanfare, set the target at 75 yards. It won’t get you 1.5 million views, 30 likes or 20 thumbs up. But at that yardage you’ll still be able to see what gun has an advantage. And airgunners that don’t spend most of their time on fantasy island will see legitimacy in the test. Somewhere around 75 is the edge of the cliff that if you decide to convince yourself that your airgun is a powder burner, it’s time to really get your sh#t together and start dotting I’s and crossing T’s. Why do you think the first response from a guy when someone gets the newest latest greatest gun posts some initial groups at 30-50 yards is, well how does it shoot at 100? That’s because it’s hard and guys are looking for a gift.

"You are not shooting groups at 100 yards. You are just hitting the paper in the general area that you are aiming for. (...)"
I will work on improving my shooting at that distance.

I found already two things I was able to improve to accomplish good groups at 100 yards. Now I have holes of pellets touching among them.

I need to wait to have not wind at all to try again.

This one is a little bit better !

Four out of six are tight:

IMG_2625.jpeg

You’re comparing apples to oranges. Again, I’m glad you have so much love for an airgun you own. Many of us never make it to that point.
The panthera hunter is a compact, short barreled hunting rifle that won’t reach the speeds max power that your sidewinder will.
Depending how far you’re shooting, at what speeds, and with what projectiles will strongly shape which gun performs best. That panthera is really not designed for long distances. That’s what the big boy Panthera is for.
Yes but the beauty of the Hunter Compact is that you can easily make it a "Big Boy"