FX Panthera Buffer Tube Adapter

Has anyone else had trouble threading their buffer tube on the K&L adapter? I've tried 6 different mil-spec buffer tubes and none of them make it past the first thread and then bind up. I dont want to use any significant force - you shouldnt have to with buffer tube threads....did I get a defective unit by chance?
Same issue with the K&L I ordered.
The K&L also came with rusted screws from being packaged still wet from the anodizing process. They offered to send me new screws.

There have also been issues with the FX Dynamic folding AR stock adapter. FX shipped them to dealers without a plug for the air port, nor any screws. How does that happen????
The screws on the OEM stock are too long for the adapter.
I've reached out to @FX-USA They said they would ship me the missing parts. Well, it's been 3 weeks now. NOTHING.
I called Tony, down at @Talon Tunes and talked to him about it. He sent me a complete set that is NOT missing parts. I have two Pantheras, so maybe if FX EVER sends my missing parts I will be able to put a folding stock on the other one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy
Same issue with the K&L I ordered.
The K&L also came with rusted screws from being packaged still wet from the anodizing process. They offered to send me new screws.

There have also been issues with the FX Dynamic folding AR stock adapter. FX shipped them to dealers without a plug for the air port, nor any screws. How does that happen????
The screws on the OEM stock are too long for the adapter.
I've reached out to @FX-USA They said they would ship me the missing parts. Well, it's been 3 weeks now. NOTHING.
I called Tony, down at @Talon Tunes and talked to him about it. He sent me a complete set that is NOT missing parts. I have two Pantheras, so maybe if FX EVER sends my missing parts I will be able to put a folding stock on the other one.
Good to know. I ordered 3 of the FX ones from Tony as well. I have 4 Pantheras (2 700s / 2 Compacts) and would prefer one be non-folding...KL replied to my inquiry and said that a replacement unit would be available in about a week. I was told that the TacFire buffer tube was one of the few buffer tubes that would work with the existing KL Adapter, but I have 3 of those already and none of them would thread either. I'm sure KL will sort it out.

This is the unit that is said to work but does not currently: https://www.opticsplanet.com/tacfire-ar15-buffer-tube-kit.html

Good to know. I ordered 3 of the FX ones from Tony as well. I have 4 Pantheras (2 700s / 2 Compacts) and would prefer one be non-folding...KL replied to my inquiry and said that a replacement unit would be available in about a week. I was told that the TacFire buffer tube was one of the few buffer tubes that would work with the existing KL Adapter, but I have 3 of those already and none of them would thread either. I'm sure KL will sort it out.

This is the unit that is said to work but does not currently: https://www.opticsplanet.com/tacfire-ar15-buffer-tube-kit.html
Thanks,
When I tried to remove the plug from the bottom of the Panthera to move the fill nipple, it stripped out. So now, I have another issue getting my Panthera converted over to a folding stock. Not sure how I'm going to go about getting it out.

Reactions: Bullysyclone