• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx Panthera barrel leak, valve seat?

Another issue about Panthera rifle…since they are inaccurate out of the box…you need to take numerous shots with different settings and with different slug weights and speeds…this is a long process…and I got really tired of refilling the tiny bottle over and overagaon… even with my fast Umarex compressor…that is really tedious work…I am sure all this problems will be addressed by the factory on further editions of the rifle…just wait for the next eddition…

Fx Pantheras…Designed only for 10 shot-competition…in very short time usage…but, in mean time, during testing and calibration process, you spend weeks re-filling the tiny bottle over and over…and when you finally get some accuracy and think you are ready to compete…it will leak out all air and you have to return it back to factory…if it is going to survive, it will need more shut count, less air-leaking issues and better accuracy out of the box…

Reactions: L.Leon
Fx Pantheras…Designed only for 10 shot-competition…in very short time usage…but, in mean time, during testing and calibration process, you spend weeks re-filling the tiny bottle over and over…and when you finally get some accuracy and think you are ready to compete…it will leak out all air and you have to return it back to factory…if it is going to survive, it will need more shut count, less air-leaking issues and better accuracy out of the box…
Just so we are clear, you don't like the Panthera? Lol.

Never buy a new model car or rifle from a company with the business model of innovation if you expect perfection. Know going in that innovative companies will have revisions. If you want to go with an innovative company, pick one that has good customer support.

If you want a product that is proven buy from a company that stays with a standard (Air Arms is a perfect example) or wait a year or two of the model you want to be worked out.

I am not surprised for a second that the Panthera has issues.

I received one of the 1st run pantheras I early January and have had zero issues with it. Early on I bored out the block under the plenum to allow for a longer valve travel. The added bore depth was 2mm. This along With never shooting below reg pressure has made it worry free. I have shoot mine well over 6000 times since with no problems. The gun shoots sub moa consistently until the bore gets leaded ( only takes about 200 to 250 shots to lead up). Accuracy falls off quickly until it is cleaned. The platform shoots so great I bought another one. It Is not a gun for someone who doesn’t take their time to tune for a specific slug. A lazy tuner will get frustrated

I own several no, many air rifles and have worked on them for over 50 years. The vast majority needed improved one way or another including leaks. I too have not sent a rifle back deciding to deal with it myself. If you are an airgun owner you soon become an airgun mechanic or you establish a repour with one of the airgun smiths on this site or elsewhere I have one air rifle that I have not done anything to an AA 410 E purchased in 1999. No accuracy problems, no leaks, and very accurate.

I have not owned a FX but have shot a few. I found them to be high end rifles as they should be. But I don't live with one and as you know that is when you really get to know them. Looking at the bent valve I see no evidence of the valve crashing into anything. No mars or nicks on the bevels. I would guess the problem is overgrinding the center of the shaft too thin. Seeing FX's corrective action they think so too. I would be upset too over the issues I read and the non comments from the manufacturer. If they can't answer a problem at least respond. That is not too much to ask for.

I received one of the 1st run pantheras I early January and have had zero issues with it. Early on I bored out the block under the plenum to allow for a longer valve travel. The added bore depth was 2mm. This along With never shooting below reg pressure has made it worry free. I have shoot mine well over 6000 times since with no problems. The gun shoots sub moa consistently until the bore gets leaded ( only takes about 200 to 250 shots to lead up). Accuracy falls off quickly until it is cleaned. The platform shoots so great I bought another one. It Is not a gun for someone who doesn’t take their time to tune for a specific slug. A lazy tuner will get frustrated
What are you shooting? I have over 3000 Altaros slugs through mine and it has only gotten better!

Reactions: Centercut
I have a question. Does the new valve from 2.95 mm fit in the original valve seat??
Yes it does. There is an upgrade for a thicker oring in the valve cap on the front. The valve cap also has a bigger chamber for that oring. The new oring takes a bit of the speed because there is more grip and tension on the valve. About 10 to 15 fps. A polished valve seems to help a bit.

Reactions: Bert928GT