FX Panthera ammo

I recommend NOT trying the Altaros ATP Smooth BT either in .22 at 32.3 grains or .25 in 49.5 grains, both at between 885 and 900 fps.
Because all the other slugs that you have and have been testing will quickly become lead weights in your range bag!...

The .22 with a BC of G1 0.18, and the .25 with a G1 BC of 0.21 will make you a believer in the science of ballistics...

Few groups @ 100m. First is 5 shot test. The smallest 10 shot group, is shot other shooter than me. Altaros ATP .22 40grain slugs.

5 shot test .JPG

10 shot @ 100m.JPG

Fellow shooter's 10 shot @ 100m.JPG

Last edited:
H&N .218 34 grain shoot best here.
Hi mr danny

I also recently bought a fx panthera caliber .22 barrel 700mm. And my purpose of using it is only accurate shots from the table and at a distance of 300 meters in a friendly club. The ammunition available to me is 34 grain slug. Currently, the thing that confused me and I could not get to the best state is the most optimal setting of the hammer and regulator pressure for accurate shots at this distance without putting too much pressure on the gun and damaging the hammer. According to the previous shots with fx m3, I use .217 diameter slugs, but I don't know if you suggest .218 diameter for panthera? Can you help me to achieve the best accuracy at a distance of 300 meters with a 34 grain slug? With what level of diameter and what level of regulator pressure and hammer settings? 🙏

Hi mr danny

I also recently bought a fx panthera caliber .22 barrel 700mm. And my purpose of using it is only accurate shots from the table and at a distance of 300 meters in a friendly club. The ammunition available to me is 34 grain slug. Currently, the thing that confused me and I could not get to the best state is the most optimal setting of the hammer and regulator pressure for accurate shots at this distance without putting too much pressure on the gun and damaging the hammer. According to the previous shots with fx m3, I use .217 diameter slugs, but I don't know if you suggest .218 diameter for panthera? Can you help me to achieve the best accuracy at a distance of 300 meters with a 34 grain slug? With what level of diameter and what level of regulator pressure and hammer settings? 🙏
No rifle is the same…you will have to go through the tedious process of filling and re filling the tiny bottle and shooting several weeks different weights and different speeds and different settings… it is a frustrating task…good luck…

Reactions: Bert928GT