• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Panthera 700 tungsten hammer & spring plus Huma

I have an FX Panthera 700 that arrived about a week ago. So far, I have not been able to achieve the 1030 velocities the FX videos indicated. The reg wants to sit a little above 150 though Utah Airguns indicated they had it set at about 170 before shipping it and at a 33gr Patriot Javelin velocity of 990. I am getting an average of 965 with the same projectile.

I tried to turn the reg up, but after about 1/4 turn it starts back down. The macro adjusted is set at 23.

Questions:

1-if I order the Tungsten hammer, do I need a different spring? If so, I see the tungsten hammers on various sights but no mention of optional springs for the Panthera.

2-I have had tremendous success with HUMA regs over the years. Have any of you installed the HUMA reg in the Panthera, and if so, is it difficult to install, any modifications required, any leak issues, did it prove to be worth it?

I have tried both the Patriot Javelin 34 Gr and 40 Gr but am not yet achieving the groups I expected. I cleaned the barrel and it was really fouled, but doesn’t shoot as well as before I cleaned it.

Going to try the NSA 31.5 and 35 Gr next and the Zan 30.5 and 35 Gr.

The .217s seem to shoot better than the .218s.

Lots to learn.

Thanks

BTW - best group I have been able to achieve so far…..
E3C7980B-5FBB-4CEF-9F0B-6D9306E01350.jpeg

I wonder if altitude is a factor, UA is located in Orem, UT which sits 4,774' above sea level.

You might want to spend some time experimenting with lower reg pressures. I'm an idiot and this was my first PCP so I went ahead and started turnin' and spinnin' every knob and wheel I got my hands on before I documented the 'factory' settings.

So I set my reg at 125bar, micro adjuster +10 clicks from the circled number and macro adjuster to 3.

34gr gen2 javelin chrony'd at 920fps consistently; I'm at ~200' above sea level.

Also, I don't know if the tungsten hammer is the way to go now. Theres a recent video from FX that mentions an 8mm hammer being the only requirement for shootin' heavies. Non-tungsten
I'm trying to learn more about that right now.

Hey guys, first time really posting or asking questions on this site but i need help. I got a fx dynamic 600 and cant get more than 660 fps with 30gn and 40gn slugs. i wish i could get 900s but im at 660 fps. Ive tried turning power wheel up and down and its doesnt go pass 660 . when i have the micro whell to 2.5 i get 560 then when i move it to 3,5 i get 640 then 4micro i get 660. i set the reg to 120 then even to 150 and i still cant get more than 660 fps wth!!!!!!!! did they put a 4mm hammer in mine or something??? anyone experience anything similiar?? ive never had the reg pass 150 but i tend to always keep the micro at 4.. ive probably put 120 rounds through it because its brand new