FX FX PANTHERA 600MM CHANGING BARREL LINER FOR BETTER PELLET ACCURACY.

My FX panthera 600 mm barrel came with the superior heavy slug barrel liner. It appears changing the barrel liner is easy and fast. If I am going to predominantly shoot pellets would it make sense to change the barrel liner to the superior liner with the 1 to 24 twist? The liner for the superior heavy barrel has a 1 to 16 twist rate making it a better choice for slugs. If anyone has performed a barrel liner change to achieve better pellet performance, I would love to hear your story. How much improvement in pellet did you achieve by changing the barrel liner? How difficult was it to change the barrel liner and what are the special considerations when changing the liner?

Yes I understand about the barrel, however the liner can we change while keeping the same caliber. In other words can/should I go from a slug liner to a pellet liner if shooting mainly pellets. The liner is easy to change and you do not need to de gas the gun, neither the plenum or the bottle. If one is mainly shooting pellets should they change the barrel liner to a slower twist rate than is provided for slugs? I think the slug barrel liner is a 1 in 16 twist and the pellet barrel liner is a 1 in 24 twist.

Last edited:
Copied from another thread

When my FX Panthera arrived, it was set up NICELY for JSB match Diablo King heavy Pellets 33.95 grain. My regulator was at 110 bar and HST set to 2.3. The pellets travel at 875 ft per second on average. At 50 yards it is dead accurate. Now I would like to know what other FX Panthera 25 caliber 600 mm barrel owners have determined for their air gun regarding other slugs and pellets. For example, I would love to have FX Panthera settings (regulator and HST) in terms of FPS for JSB knockout slugs 33.49 grain, FX hybrid slugs 26 grain, Zan 41 grain slugs and AVS 40 grain slugs .2503 diameter. Of course, all these projectiles are for a 25 caliber FX Panthera

When my FX Panthera arrived, it was set up NICELY for JSB match Diablo King heavy Pellets 33.95 grain. My regulator was at 110 bar and HST set to 2.3. The pellets travel at 875 ft per second on average. At 50 yards it is dead accurate. Now I would like to know what other FX Panthera 25 caliber 600 mm barrel owners have determined for their air gun regarding other slugs and pellets. For example, I would love to have FX Panthera settings (regulator and HST) in terms of FPS for JSB knockout slugs 33.49 grain, FX hybrid slugs 26 grain, Zan 41 grain slugs and AVS 40 grain slugs .2503 diameter. Of course, all these projectiles are for a 25 caliber FX Panthera

I'm not sure what your point is. Yes the gun shoots pellets well now. Could it shoot better? Is there any value to changing the barrel liner. Do others have experience changing the liner to gain even better consistency and accuracy? Do you know?