• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Panthera 500

Just got the Panthera 500 .22 today. only had enough time to put magazine through it before it got dark. I own one a FX Royal 400 in .22 and have many others. I thought for a while regarding getting a impact m3 or a Maverick as I mainly shoot paper. but viewing every video on the Panthera on youtube made me very curious. First impressions: 1) nice case. 2) magazine seems sturdy. 3) Came with 200 bar in the bottle and regulator set to 80 bar, Card in the box states that was chrono graphed at 910 fps with JSB 18.1 gr. 4) Good balance with scope on but no M-Lok weights were in the box. 4) Had to go find for a M-lock Picatinny rail to put on it (for some odd reason I thought it would have one on it) 5) Shot one magazine (18), got scope zeroed on the 6th shot at 25 yards, (longest distance I had in my back yard), very accurate 6) center to center was really just a mm or so (margin likely not the panthera but me). 7) gripping the cold metal made it feel more like my PB then my airgun. 8) its not silent and shooting it in the backyard may need additional moderation.

So far pretty impressed, I know that this airgun is designed for bench shooting and long distance competition with slugs, But I hope that I chose it correctly over the impact or the maverick as I shoot with pellets, I rarely do hunting and mostly shoot targets at home or out in a field. Thats why I got the 500 version. I will report more when I get a chance to take it out for longer distance shooting.

IMG_3261.jpg

For precision target work, yep, this is better than an impact.

I still prefer the crown because it's what I have, and I don't require any more precision or power. It can do precision target work as well, but the panthera is just so much more geared toward that specifically. The crown does have a comparatively weak barrel. Not to say it isn't plenty sturdy, this is just much better in that regard.

Reactions: ChRiSiS and qball
Just got the Panthera 500 .22 today. only had enough time to put magazine through it before it got dark. I own one a FX Royal 400 in .22 and have many others. I thought for a while regarding getting a impact m3 or a Maverick as I mainly shoot paper. but viewing every video on the Panthera on youtube made me very curious. First impressions: 1) nice case. 2) magazine seems sturdy. 3) Came with 200 bar in the bottle and regulator set to 80 bar, Card in the box states that was chrono graphed at 910 fps with JSB 18.1 gr. 4) Good balance with scope on but no M-Lok weights were in the box. 4) Had to go find for a M-lock Picatinny rail to put on it (for some odd reason I thought it would have one on it) 5) Shot one magazine (18), got scope zeroed on the 6th shot at 25 yards, (longest distance I had in my back yard), very accurate 6) center to center was really just a mm or so (margin likely not the panthera but me). 7) gripping the cold metal made it feel more like my PB then my airgun. 8) its not silent and shooting it in the backyard may need additional moderation.

So far pretty impressed, I know that this airgun is designed for bench shooting and long distance competition with slugs, But I hope that I chose it correctly over the impact or the maverick as I shoot with pellets, I rarely do hunting and mostly shoot targets at home or out in a field. Thats why I got the 500 version. I will report more when I get a chance to take it out for longer distance shooting.

View attachment 325757

Good to see you back on the forum, Paul...been a long time, hope you've been well. Enjoy the new toy!

Thanks for sharing your experiences! JSB 18's eh? The 500 is listed more as a pellet gun so that makes sense. Now that I know, I'll have to order a m-lok to picatinny mount for the bipod. :)

The 500 looks very nice! I opted for the .22/700 mm as I was looking for a dedicated slug gun for 100 yard target shooting and maybe a bit of pesting.

Cheers and enjoy your new airgun!

Thanks for sharing your experiences! JSB 18's eh? The 500 is listed more as a pellet gun so that makes sense. Now that I know, I'll have to order a m-lok to picatinny mount for the bipod. :)

The 500 looks very nice! I opted for the .22/700 mm as I was looking for a dedicated slug gun for 100 yard target shooting and maybe a bit of pesting.

Cheers and enjoy your new airgun!
The ARCA to picatinny adaptors are very pricey, over $100 for a decent/complete one. I will try to get a shot count from 250 bar to 100 bar today if I am able.

Reactions: tnbndr
So did some fast testing today.
FX Panthera 500 .22
JSB Jumb Heavy Diablo 18.13gr Pellets
tested from Factory setting of 900 fs
SoCal temp is 62 F
Winds 10-20 mph gusts
range 25 yds
Fill Pressure, Begin 250 bar, End 70 Bar (meter on Panthera)

Total Shots 39

I did this rather quickly, got a few flyers when distracted near end of magazine (I'm just an average shooter). Magazine reload after #18, one inch large square. I was more focused on getting the shot count per fill.

Actually though I would get a higher number of shots but 39 shots is comparable to my Leshiy 2 (4.5 magazines).

Thoughts?

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3265.jpg