FX PANTHERA - .22 Cal 600mm - OUTSTANDING ACCURACY! - Who else has one? What are your thoughts?

When I first got my 600mm Panthera, I had quite a few people ask me why I didn't just get the full length 700mm. I have my reasons, and I think I made the absolute right choice with the 600mm, even if I had to wait a while longer to get it. I did a short little 3 minute video (below) with some insane shots at 190 yards.

Who else go the .22 600mm? What are your results? Best slugs? Best slug diameters? Settings? What is working for you?

I am shooting 30.5gr Zans and 30gr Gen2 Javelins to great effect. I am at 22 on the power wheel, micro adjuster about 3.75, and I'm running at 150 bar for right around 980fps with these weights.

How does it shoot with the FX Hybrids?
Well, it has the heavy liner in it so those are a little light at 22 grains for that liner. This gun is really made for heavy slugs, if you wanted to shoot Hybrids I'd go with the 500mm version, which has a standard liner.

I put a single 17 grain slug in this thing the other day and I WILDLY broke the sound barrier with it. Super loud. Probably somewhere north of 1200fps. LOL - I didn't do that again!

They probably shoot great out of the 500 since that's a standard superior and not the heavy.
Also the 500 doesn't have as big a plenum so it would be more suitable to lighter projectiles where you don't need a ton of "oomph". Still, the 500 can reportedly can make 70FPE in .22 - which is insane. I imagine you'd have to run it at like 170-180 bar, though, for that. I wanna take it easy on my rifle so only running at 150.

I don't have the .22 yet, but I have the .25. My first FX and just started shooting PCP's this year. Got the 600 in .25, but also had the pellet liner installed as I am setting this up for benchrest. I have only shot it one day so far with 163 pellets through it @ 45 yds. The reg was set at 125 and turned the Macro wheel down to 17 from where it was set at 23. Was shooting FX 34 grain @ 884-886 consistently. It just stacks pellet after pellet. Can't wait to get a chrony and really start to play with the settings to get it as efficient as possible and really learn this gun. No idea how many shots yet as my air tank was too low and I could only get the gun to fill to 235-240 bar, so I didn't even bother with that yet.

Keith

Have the .25 in 600mm but shooting slugs. Just started using the Griffin 48gr BT’s and at 137 or so bar and macro at 15 and micro at 3.75 am getting 905-909fps. Just did a shot string from 250bar down to 140bar and got 31 shots. Haven’t gotten out to see how they do for groups yet, we got about 7 inches of snow and it’s starting to melt which makes a mess.

Have the .25 in 600mm but shooting slugs. Just started using the Griffin 48gr BT’s and at 137 or so bar and macro at 15 and micro at 3.75 am getting 905-909fps. Just did a shot string from 250bar down to 140bar and got 31 shots. Haven’t gotten out to see how they do for groups yet, we got about 7 inches of snow and it’s starting to melt which makes a mess.
Wow that is a LOT of shots per fill. You're using the stock 300cc bottle and not a larger front mounted bottle? 905 seems a little slow for slugs but then again I've seen slugs hit accurately at 125 yards at 880 even. Be interesting to see those groups!

My first two shots didn’t register with my FX chrono because I had the micro at 2.5 and you can see when I changed and went up on the micro. Also using the factory magazine and the Orion magazine, which is 15 versus 16 shots.

B8C4C4E8-517A-4AF0-9ECD-F1BD31670CC6.png

CA7CEA89-3261-4970-A57F-895EFF3C6AEC.png

62190731-026D-4A04-82EF-1464F0292579.png

I don't have the .22 yet, but I have the .25. My first FX and just started shooting PCP's this year. Got the 600 in .25, but also had the pellet liner installed as I am setting this up for benchrest. I have only shot it one day so far with 163 pellets through it @ 45 yds. The reg was set at 125 and turned the Macro wheel down to 17 from where it was set at 23. Was shooting FX 34 grain @ 884-886 consistently. It just stacks pellet after pellet. Can't wait to get a chrony and really start to play with the settings to get it as efficient as possible and really learn this gun. No idea how many shots yet as my air tank was too low and I could only get the gun to fill to 235-240 bar, so I didn't even bother with that yet.

Keith
I've got the 600mm in .25 and originally set it up with the Superior liner to shoot 34 grain Mk2 Heavy pellets. Was shooting right at 900 FPS, with reg at 100 bar and Macro at 24, micro at approx. 2. Very accurate at 50 and 100 yards, and got 3 magazines (48 shots) per 250 bar fill down to 110 bar.

Wow that is a LOT of shots per fill. You're using the stock 300cc bottle and not a larger front mounted bottle? 905 seems a little slow for slugs but then again I've seen slugs hit accurately at 125 yards at 880 even. Be interesting to see those groups!
Yes, very good efficiency. Bumping it up faster will more than likely only reduce your shots per fill dramatically, and not result in increased accuracy. I set my gun to shoot the Altaros 49.5 BT at 885 fps. Very accurate at 100Y, haven't gone further. Since I have the 600mm its not quite as efficient for a given power level. But 25 shots per fill from 250 to 140 is pretty good. I've increased to 925 but the gun was much more harsh and shot count went down exponentially... To shoot NRL22X you'll need a t least 15 shots...

Yes, very good efficiency. Bumping it up faster will more than likely only reduce your shots per fill dramatically, and not result in increased accuracy. I set my gun to shoot the Altaros 49.5 BT at 885 fps. Very accurate at 100Y, haven't gone further. Since I have the 600mm its not quite as efficient for a given power level. But 25 shots per fill from 250 to 140 is pretty good. I've increased to 925 but the gun was much more harsh and shot count went down exponentially... To shoot NRL22X you'll need a t least 15 shots...
I am getting maybe a mag (18shots) and a half at my power level, which is perfectly fine for me right now. I ordered the Huma double bottle adapter but my known thief neighbor stole it.... police report filed.... ughhh

Eventually I'll slap another 500cc bottle up front and just have a ton of shots. At that time I'll likely increase the power a bit, why not? ;)

I've got the 600mm in .25 and originally set it up with the Superior liner to shoot 34 grain Mk2 Heavy pellets. Was shooting right at 900 FPS, with reg at 100 bar and Macro at 24, micro at approx. 2. Very accurate at 50 and 100 yards, and got 3 magazines (48 shots) per 250 bar fill down to 110 bar.
That’s awesome to hear. I have the Mk2’s and the originals, but haven’t tried them yet. I may start down around 75 bar on the reg and work my way through all the settings, stepping up 5 bar at a time to get all the speeds. I’m stocking up on pellets as I’m sure I’ll go through several thousands doing this. However, it’s a learning experience for me. I figure at the end of the day if I can get 50-60 very efficient, harmonized, and highly accurate shots, that should get me through a benchrest match with sighters hopefully.

Keith

That’s awesome to hear. I have the Mk2’s and the originals, but haven’t tried them yet. I may start down around 75 bar on the reg and work my way through all the settings, stepping up 5 bar at a time to get all the speeds. I’m stocking up on pellets as I’m sure I’ll go through several thousands doing this. However, it’s a learning experience for me. I figure at the end of the day if I can get 50-60 very efficient, harmonized, and highly accurate shots, that should get me through a benchrest match with sighters hopefully.

Keith
Great! If I was going to use this as Benchrest gun, I’d just install a 580cc bottle up front in addition to the rear bottle. You’d get about 150 shoots on reg like that. I’ll be using it for EFT and PRS with Slugs. Just wanted to see how it shot pellets first with Superior liner before I dove off the deep end into slugs.

Reactions: Str8tshooter
I am hoping FX will make this new block sorta universal. Imagine this platform but as a Crown with a GRS stock and forward bottle? Wouldn't that be something? OR, imagine it bullpupped, with forward bottle and 800mm barrel. There are a ton of possibilities with this thing!