• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX PANTHERA - .22 Cal 600mm - OUTSTANDING ACCURACY! - Who else has one? What are your thoughts?

That's definitely a great shooting combo you have there. I would have gotten that in a 600mm too. 700mm would be pushing my patience barrier if I had to walk through any trees or brush.

Oh and that squirrel kill made my laugh with that tin can ping your gun makes. It's like it was wearing a GI helmet or something and BINK, took a headshot lmao. I rewinded that 5 or 6 times just to hear it.

I am hoping FX will make this new block sorta universal. Imagine this platform but as a Crown with a GRS stock and forward bottle? Wouldn't that be something? OR, imagine it bullpupped, with forward bottle and 800mm barrel. There are a ton of possibilities with this thing!
It is universal look at the king and the hunter compact only thing I haven't seen is a bullpup version but that's where the impact comes in

Hey!

My name is Alex and I am from the Netherlands. I would like to ask you guys for some advice.

I have the Panthera 600 .22 and I shoot with H&N 27 grain slugs at 27 yard (25 meters). The regulator pressure is at 120 bar with the macro at 6 and micro at 3,5. It shoots very precise (see picture)!

My issue is that after 15 shots, the pressure falls below 120 bar and I have to fill the reservoir again. Does anyone have good advice to get more shots and still shoot precise?

I don’t have a lot of experience with Airguns and with this forum, so my apologies if I asked a stupid question!

IMG_7246.png

Hey!

My name is Alex and I am from the Netherlands. I would like to ask you guys for some advice.

I have the Panthera 600 .22 and I shoot with H&N 27 grain slugs at 27 yard (25 meters). The regulator pressure is at 120 bar with the macro at 6 and micro at 3,5. It shoots very precise (see picture)!

My issue is that after 15 shots, the pressure falls below 120 bar and I have to fill the reservoir again. Does anyone have good advice to get more shots and still shoot precise?

I don’t have a lot of experience with Airguns and with this forum, so my apologies if I asked a stupid question!
Well, you should be getting more than a full mag. I think you have your pressure set too low. This is causing you to have bad air efficiency. Try 140-145 bar. It'll close that valve faster, which is what it was designed to do. You should easily be able to get 1000fps at 140 bar with 27 grainers

Reactions: Hornclayton
When I first got my 600mm Panthera, I had quite a few people ask me why I didn't just get the full length 700mm. I have my reasons, and I think I made the absolute right choice with the 600mm, even if I had to wait a while longer to get it. I did a short little 3 minute video (below) with some insane shots at 190 yards.

Who else go the .22 600mm? What are your results? Best slugs? Best slug diameters? Settings? What is working for you?

I am shooting 30.5gr Zans and 30gr Gen2 Javelins to great effect. I am at 22 on the power wheel, micro adjuster about 3.75, and I'm running at 150 bar for right around 980fps with these weights.

Have you considered the tungsten hammer and slug pin probe?

Have you considered the tungsten hammer and slug pin probe?
Hey Clayton! I have considered the slug probe, although I really don't think it is needed. The tungsten hammer is known to destroy guns. It is 26 grams, double what you need. In my opinion that is way too heavy and it's like a wrecking ball inside your gun just absolutely battering your valve stem. On my .30 Panthera Hunter Compact I'm at 175 bar and the Huma 14.5g hammer has no problem opening the valve. 26g tungsten hammer weights are way overboard and I always advise against using them in the Panthera / Maverick / Crown. Not sure about the Impact, no experience with the Impact tungsten hammers.

I have the 600mm .22 panthera and swapped it to 700mm .25 today. As a .22, it shot well, I only shot up to 34gr slugs, both javelin and H&N. I turned the reg down to 90 and played with the hammer settings until I was shooting 18.13gr pellets at around 950 fps, it was laser accurate with those, got a lot of shots per fill on the 300cc bottle

Reactions: Airgun Al
When I first got my 600mm Panthera, I had quite a few people ask me why I didn't just get the full length 700mm. I have my reasons, and I think I made the absolute right choice with the 600mm, even if I had to wait a while longer to get it. I did a short little 3 minute video (below) with some insane shots at 190 yards.

Who else go the .22 600mm? What are your results? Best slugs? Best slug diameters? Settings? What is working for you?

I am shooting 30.5gr Zans and 30gr Gen2 Javelins to great effect. I am at 22 on the power wheel, micro adjuster about 3.75, and I'm running at 150 bar for right around 980fps with these weights.

What is best slug diameter for Panthera 600mm heavy .22 ?

I have the 600mm .22 panthera and swapped it to 700mm .25 today. As a .22, it shot well, I only shot up to 34gr slugs, both javelin and H&N. I turned the reg down to 90 and played with the hammer settings until I was shooting 18.13gr pellets at around 950 fps, it was laser accurate with those, got a lot of shots per fill on the 300cc bottle
What was your Macro and Micro at reg 90 when shooting 18.13 pellets? I have ArteQuesta 600mm .22 Superior Heavy coming by the end of this week.

When you were shooting the .22, 34gr slugs, what reg pressure?