Fx pantera tune

SMC

Apr 26, 2024
Hey
I have a FX Pantera whit 700 mm barrel,
And I'm locking for a good tune for the
JSB KnockOut cal.218 25.39gr.
Does anyone have a good tuning for them.
Where i live there aren't that many slugs to choose from but JSB KnockOut cal 218 i can get. Looking forward to hearing from you guys

I can’t give you a tune, but maybe a starting point. 120 bar on the reg. Set the power wheel to about halfway and forget it. Then set your micro wheel to about 2.5. Shoot a string and check velocity. Then move the micro wheel two clicks and check velocity again. If it increases, repeat the process. If the increase in velocity stops when you increase the micro adjuster, increase your reg pressure by 3-5 bar and continue until you are about 20 fps over your desired velocity. Then come down one click at a time until you are at your desired velocity. Check your accuracy and adjust in very small increments up or down.

This is a rough guide and is dependent on having a chronometer. No chrono and all this or any attempt to tune is a waste of time. Even shared tunes are a waste without the chrono as each gun will react differently to a specific tune.

Best of luck and welcome

I can’t give you a tune, but maybe a starting point. 120 bar on the reg. Set the power wheel to about halfway and forget it. Then set your micro wheel to about 2.5. Shoot a string and check velocity. Then move the micro wheel two clicks and check velocity again. If it increases, repeat the process. If the increase in velocity stops when you increase the micro adjuster, increase your reg pressure by 3-5 bar and continue until you are about 20 fps over your desired velocity. Then come down one click at a time until you are at your desired velocity. Check your accuracy and adjust in very small increments up or down.

This is a rough guide and is dependent on having a chronometer. No chrono and all this or any attempt to tune is a waste of time. Even shared tunes are a waste without the chrono as each gun will react differently to a specific tune.

Best of luck and welcome
thanks for the reply, everything helps, I have a chronograph, and I'm in the process of tuning my airgun now, thanks for the help.