FX Owners Please .

First PCP gun FX Streamline and read the entire manual went to use the fill probe and blew out the end o ring while trying to fill from a new 4500 PSI air tank as slow as possible . looks like I pushed the probe int too far !

No extra O-rings on hand so I am dead in the water till the next shipment of rings for the fill probe!!! I looked at the fill probe and thought it's way just plug and fill . Or Plug and play was I missing something in the manual ?

Am I just ignant or WTF this fill probe is sensitive too far in wrong too far out wrong couldn't they make it so it just locks into place ?

I did fill for the first time my Air Arms 510S TDR and that gun had a screw on cover that needs to be removed to access a ratchet on fill valve . Consequently when I tried filling the Streamline I made the error of removing the end cap instead of following the FX instruction to leave the cap on and just rotate the cap to expose the opening for the probe . Nobody as of yet answered my question if I was ignant and there it is coming from a First timer! They say guys get things 90% and its good enough but with Air Guns it looks like you have to get things 100% or don't do it ! Live and Learn luckily it only cost me a couple dollars.

???

Please advise 

I did it too. Took off the end cap and blew out the oring. Cussed FX and realized I was the DA. 

Replace oring and lesson learned. 

Maybe FX could put a removable warning sticker on the end cap that says “keep cover in place when filling.” They could do this at the factory on new rifles.

or a red machined uhmw spacer shipped with the fill probe with a note that says what it is for. 

Or maybe we could read the manual. Who does that? 😀