Fx or daystate

Alright I'm thinking about trading my impact for a daystate wolverine 2 hi lite. Problem is I know nothing about daystate rifles. 
So what's the shot count like? Accuracy 50yrd plus? How much are they worth? BACKYARD friendly? I don't anything about them so the more you guys tell me the more accuracy points I can give out! 
it's a beautiful gun so that's mamaking want it more haha

I own 2 day states, 2 FX and 1 AA and they all shoot very accurately as far as my shooting ability. I’m a plinker and hunter and every one will hit a squirrel in the head at 50 yards. I’ve been thinking about getting an impact, but I know I probably won’t be able to shoot any better with it, but I want one. All of my guns will do 40 plus shots per fill.

Reactions: DeadEyeDill
Thanks for the input. 
I like the impact but it was one of things where you save for something you really want then you get it and you just like well it's cool but this may not be for me.
The adjustability is got me. But after I got I tuned how I wanted it then haven't touch a single dial! I like bullpup alot but 90% of what I do is shooting paper so full rifle wouldn't be bad. 
I've seen a daystate in person but from what I've read and watched they have the best looking long rifles out of all the others. I like to shoot 150 yrds max so I'm wondering what a non regulated gun could do at that distance. 

I've had multiple FX's and a Daystate Wolverine B Hi lite in 25. Like you, the sheer beauty of the Wolverine drew me in and I still think it's one of the best looking guns out there. However, I'm a paper puncher and enjoy consistency in a shot string. When I got my Wolverine I ran a full shot string over the chrony and got the typical rise and drop in velocity that you see other, popular reviewers on YouTube get. I wasn't so concerned about the rise and drop because I've seen these guns put up some great groups online.

Nonetheless, I then refilled the gun and shot back to back, consecutive 5 shot groups at 50 yards for another entire shot string. The Wolverine was very "accurate" and did print some pretty good 5 shot groups. Be that as it may, my first groups started right on target and then the groups gradually rose higher on the paper, landing above the target and finally coming back down again. This shift in point of impact was enough to let me know the gun wasn't for me. It didn't hang around long and I knew then I'd never buy aother non regulated gun. If Daystate regulates, I'd be tempted to try another one some day.

Like others here are saying, it's personal preference. If you're not an insane accuracy nut and will just use it for hunting it will probably be everything you need. If Daystate is coming out with a regulated version I personally would wait for that. That being said, I really think there is something to being able to adjust the regulator externally to dial in the "harmonics" of the gun to get the most accuracy out of it that you can and I'll be trading my Royale for an FX Crown here shortly. 

Good luck with whatever you choose! 

Reactions: DeadEyeDill
"Cliff_Allen"I've had multiple FX's and a Daystate Wolverine B Hi lite in 25. Like you, the sheer beauty of the Wolverine drew me in and I still think it's one of the best looking guns out there. However, I'm a paper puncher and enjoy consistency in a shot string. When I got my Wolverine I ran a full shot string over the chrony and got the typical rise and drop in velocity that you see other, popular reviewers on YouTube get. I wasn't so concerned about the rise and drop because I've seen these guns put up some great groups online.
Nonetheless, I then refilled the gun and shot back to back, consecutive 5 shot groups at 50 yards for another entire shot string. The Wolverine was very "accurate" and did print some pretty good 5 shot groups. Be that as it may, my first groups started right on target and then the groups gradually rose higher on the paper, landing above the target and finally coming back down again. This shift in point of impact was enough to let me know the gun wasn't for me. It didn't hang around long and I knew then I'd never buy aother non regulated gun. If Daystate regulates, I'd be tempted to try another one some day.
Like others here are saying, it's personal preference. If you're not an insane accuracy nut and will just use it for hunting it will probably be everything you need. If Daystate is coming out with a regulated version I personally would wait for that. That being said, I really think there is something to being able to adjust the regulator externally to dial in the "harmonics" of the gun to get the most accuracy out of it that you can and I'll be trading my Royale for an FX Crown here shortly. 
Good luck with whatever you choose!
this actually helps alot! 
I am a paper puncher most of the time. Your testing also tells me that s not what I want!
consistent shots are important to me. And accuracy at longer distance would probably suffer with the daystate. 
thanks alot!

Reactions: Cliff_Allen
I think maybe we're missing something here, and that's the caliber of the gun we're discussing. With .25, yes, your point is totally valid. With .22, possibly valid, and with .177, probably not.

Case in point, my .177 Brocock Bantam, which is essentially a Daystate (LW barrel, Slingshot Hammer). I can fill it to 250 bar, and shoot down to 120 bar and get over 150 shots, but the ES is 50 or worse. POI would definitely change at distances greater than 10M. However, I can fill it to 225 bar, and shoot it down to 150 bar, and get about 100 shots with an ES of under 20 fps. No POI change at up to 50 yards. I've shot 25M BR with one fill, three 25 shot cards plus warm up and sighters without a refill, and a score of 720 in breezy conditions. Very few regulated guns get their ES of under 10 fps, and quite a few are lucky to be under 20 fps. I'd bet money that the new "regulated" Bantam doesn't exceed the perfomace of the .177 unregulated by much, if at all. 

My only point is before we start saying guns need to be regulated for accuracy, maybe we should consider all the factors that go into an accurate gun. I shoot monthly with LD, the man that invented and built the first seven "Simple Simon" air rifles, which later turned in to the USFT under Tim McMurray. LD and Tim have Field Target and Benchrest guns that are unregulated that have placed in the top five in World Championships.

From what I'm gathering from all you guys is basically just keep my impact and buy the new daystate when that come out! It's kinda lookin likes what gonna happen .
I just love the beauty if daystate that why I want one so bad lol.
Being regulated is important to me because of the long distance I like to shoot. I feel a regulated gun with be more consistent at those ranges and yes I'm talkin about .25 calibers
Now I had a Vulcan that Ernest Rowe basically built and I'm pretty sure the es us under did for 60 shots(could be remembering wrong)so I guess what I'm saying is Ernest spoiled me with that and I want every gun that way!😁 

efaf91bb2e5a670775be9b6325738e1d.jpg
I was mistakenit was 79 shots with a es of 9!
damn I miss that gun.. 

The one Daystate not mentioned here is the Airwolf. Being electronic non reg'd mine has a 15-16 fps spread over 50 shots. This one has the carbon fiber 480cc tank 230 bar WP so lots of air. I have filled it to 230 bar and shot down to170 and it had a bit of a curve, started out 830 and after the FPS spread bouncing around for about 20-25 shots it settled in at about 200 bar and was consistent to 170 when I quit. My suspension is, at 230bar the hammer isn't able to get the valve open if that makes sense. So I fill it to 200 and refill at 150 and get great shot count. Maybe sniperlabyo can comment on this.
I had this for sale and took it down for now.

Dennis