FX no limits or any adjustable type of scope ring/mount

I’m curious to know approximately how much do you all choose to raise the rear end of an adjustable scope ring/mount to achieve what you want in achieving lots of elevation turret dialing. Are you typically just after the 20 MOA which is only a strong 1/32” rise(for 100 yards, and a distance of 6” from rear ring to front ring) or if you just are guesstimating the gap of rise at the rear, and only concerned about preserving your scope’s optical center?

Just curious. I’m using only the Athlon one piece cantilever mounts these days as a fractured set of no limits turned me off from ever buying them again, but I’m considering giving the no limits another chance.

Two reasons- I have total control of how much I can raise the rear vs a fixed 20 MOA that the Athlon cantilever offers, and second, I can easily swap out the hardware on the fx no limits to stainless Torx to match up with the rest of the guns stainless conversion(looks awesome, btw)

A lot of the other mounts use the same M4 bolts on the rings but the head diameters are smaller and those typically are used in the gun smithing industry and are not only hard to find just in black steel, but not even available in a stainless.

anyway, back to the question on the gap at the rear mounts. 

What I did tree times from scratch (meaning assembled but with all loose screws) , mounted the scope with turrets loose height adjustment blocks (with max distance the MK2 picatinny rail allowed but still have access to screws to adjust the rail L-R).

And I put a 5mm screw below the rear and 4mm screw below the front-height adjustment blocks and this how I tightened all the screws incrementally cycling again and again.

That would be theoretically 1mm difference between front and rear. I have no idea how many MOA I got there but my Falcon X50 can comfortably fit 20-150 with 100 set in the optical center (I guess it was 100 and not 70 but something like that :) ).

And btw my scope to barrel centerline became 82.8mm (measured at front bell) and this what I am using for the Streloc Pro.

Jacking up the rear compensation for common air gun barrel droop too which all types of air guns can exhibit straight out of the box regardless of brand.

Barrel droop compensation plus your long distance 20 or more moa may be more than you think.

Did FX warranty the broken no limits rings? Assuming it was not broken due to user error.

If the brand has terrible or no warranty or a very short warranty I would spend my hard earned money elsewhere.

I tried the Burris Signature XTR rings and I'm sold on the brand. Not a single blemish on the scope if you change scopes. You'd think the scope is brand new.

The zero to up to 40 moa max option mix and match including for windage barrel droop to one side also if needed.

Find them on sale if you shop around for $70 to $80 google search and patience can be your friend if you don't want to spend $99 to $149.. Life time warranty.

AoA for cheapest price for Eagle Vision Infinity rings if you chose not to spend just a little more to go Burris with their very clever plus or minus inserts. Not sure how long their warranty. Best to ask before buying.

Sports Match UK rings probably most expensive but got life time warranty.

I adjust scope optically centered to the average shooting distance.

I have not yet tried the cheap Chinese made West Hunter elevation adjustable rings so I don't know if they allow for reliable angle positioning without crushing or pinching the scope tubes. Only read about them but I don't have any throw away scopes to sacrifice to order them for.

Yes, FXUSA warrantied them. 
barrel droop will never affect me as all my barrels are supported via auxiliary clamps. 

ok from the majority of the responses sounds like most are setting the rise at the rear at no specific dimension, angle, nor MOA, it appears it’s mainly to keep optical center intact. Only Bighun actually measures by using a fastener as gage. Got it.

thsnks, all

... Only Bighun actually measures ....

:) I did not measure I only had these screws close by but honestly I was thinking first to make some spacer shims but that was like a big job. I tried the screws and worked. and I remembered next time that I was using two different size screws. But again I did not calculated ever what MOA that would be, it is just working for wide range of distances. But I am shooting 90% of time 100 meters, and I may go to 50 only if all the BR bays are occupied.

The math says (20 moa is 0.0563 over a 6 inch length or 0.8866 mm)(over a 4 inch length 0.0359 or 0.5911mm) 20 moa has an angle of 0.333333 deg. Depending on the ring spacing, a 4 inch ring space, BigHUN has around 33.5 moa. I stick with a 20moa QD mount, it gets me in the ball park with out messing with the adjustable rings. the ones I use are American Defense AD-Recon. I have 3 scopes set up on them and swap between 4 guns. 

I adjust the scope elevation turret at least a couple mils up from being bottomed out if I'll be shooting waaaaay out there often, or start with 5-10 mils from bottom if I want the scope IQ to be better and won't be attempting the extreme distances much.

Then I use spark pug feeler gauges to set the gap on the rear mount as I sightin the scope at the zero distance I want. A little more gap is alot more adjustment.