• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX FX No Limits mounts loosing zero

I have been shooting a FX Crown Mark ll (700mm barrel) for a couple of years. I was very impressed with this air rifle and how accurate it was punching five shot groups through near enough the same hole.

My first issue with the gun was the magazines failed to feed. I had to return both my magazines to have their springs adjusted.

My second issue was that the magazine wasn't seating correctly and the probe was obstructed from inserting a pellet into the breach. I removed and tightened the screw in the prob/hammer assembly. The vibration of the rifle had loosened the screw that holds this in place.

I like to use a single shot tray, I got used to single loading due to the issues with my magazines. Therefore, I didn't notice my third and latest issue.

As you may be aware, the magazine sits very high on a Crown Mark ll. I was sold a set of FX No Limits Mounts with the gun and advised that I would need a higher mount by my gun dealer. At first all was well, but then I noticed that the FX vertical adjust was gradually moving down, this stopped the magazine from seating property. This seems to be a recurring issue.

The mounts gradual movement are affecting the point of impact and making holding zero very difficult.

I leveled my rifle, I then leveled the FX mounts and finally leveled the scope to the rifle. This is a procedure I have gone through multiple times with these mounts.

Has anyone else had issues like these with FX No Limits scope mounts? I know that the air rifle community think that these mounts are amazing, but I am less than impressed because they will not hold zero.

I would like to hear if anyone has suggestions to fix this problem. To be honest I am at the point of just purchasing a set of high Sportsmatch mounts. Can anyone please tell me a what size of high Sportsmatch mounts I would need to clear the magazine on my Crown?

PXL_20230825_181228285.jpg

I have been shooting a FX Crown Mark ll (700mm barrel) for a couple of years. I was very impressed with this air rifle and how accurate it was punching five shot groups through near enough the same hole.

My first issue with the gun was the magazines failed to feed. I had to return both my magazines to have their springs adjusted.

My second issue was that the magazine wasn't seating correctly and the probe was obstructed from inserting a pellet into the breach. I removed and tightened the screw in the prob/hammer assembly. The vibration of the rifle had loosened the screw that holds this in place.

I like to use a single shot tray, I got used to single loading due to the issues with my magazines. Therefore, I didn't notice my third and latest issue.

As you may be aware, the magazine sits very high on a Crown Mark ll. I was sold a set of FX No Limits Mounts with the gun and advised that I would need a higher mount by my gun dealer. At first all was well, but then I noticed that the FX vertical adjust was gradually moving down, this stopped the magazine from seating property. This seems to be a recurring issue.

The mounts gradual movement are affecting the point of impact and making holding zero very difficult.

I leveled my rifle, I then leveled the FX mounts and finally leveled the scope to the rifle. This is a procedure I have gone through multiple times with these mounts.

Has anyone else had issues like these with FX No Limits scope mounts? I know that the air rifle community think that these mounts are amazing, but I am less than impressed because they will not hold zero.

I would like to hear if anyone has suggestions to fix this problem. To be honest I am at the point of just purchasing a set of high Sportsmatch mounts. Can anyone please tell me a what size of high Sportsmatch mounts I would need to clear the magazine on my Crown?

View attachment 383784
I stopped using FX Ring’s because they have a single pinch point which likes to loosen

Reactions: steve123

You do not need adjustable rings to clear the mag unless you just want them. That will open you up to many manufacturers out there for rings. Also, for the price of those adjustable rings, there are some fixed rings of better quality out there.

I used Eagle Vision adjustable rings on mine because I liked the looks more, so I can’t tell you exactly what size works. Also don’t have the rifle any longer to measure.

My first thought is that you can measure your current setup to find out. If you already clear the magazine and your scope clears, then all you have to do is measure. Then you can look up the rings you like, and look at their specs to choose the set you like. Then you don’t have to wait on reports that may or may not work.

Reactions: cavedweller
My FX no limits rings did the same thing. No matter how much I tightened them they wouldn't stay put. I did some mods and put sandpaper in between the clamping surfaces which solved it.

Also had many problems with the FX Impact the rings were on.

Both problems combined made me want to literally wrap that gun around a tree!!!

You do not need adjustable rings to clear the mag unless you just want them. That will open you up to many manufacturers out there for rings. Also, for the price of those adjustable rings, there are some fixed rings of better quality out there.

I used Eagle Vision adjustable rings on mine because I liked the looks more, so I can’t tell you exactly what size works. Also don’t have the rifle any longer to measure.

My first thought is that you can measure your current setup to find out. If you already clear the magazine and your scope clears, then all you have to do is measure. Then you can look up the rings you like, and look at their specs to choose the set you like. Then you don’t have to wait on reports that may or may not work.
I've got FX No-limits and I've found they are no limit on the amount of pain they will cause, mine were pure garbage, just didn't want to align properly and the fit was horrible on the vertical movement, sloppy. My eagle visions are precision, love them. Don't use them on my current setup, no need to but they are much higher tolerances/quality.