FX No Limit Rings (running out of windage)

Guys,

I am having a big problem with my brand new set of no limit rings, for some reason, when these rings are mounted, I cannot get my scope zeroed. (Running out of windage)

I tried another cheap set of walmart weaver rings, and I do not have the same problem at all. Zero's fine.

Scope is an Element Helix if that matters.

Appreciate any help on this one.

-Niri

I have used several pair of them and never had a problem. If they both are interfacing with the rail correctly maybe a machining error which I find highly doubtful. Put them next to one another and see if they are machined the same. With the rings mounted on the gun, lay the scope into the rings and see if the scope tube axis matches the axis of each ring and fits down into each perfectly without being forced downward. Were they disassembled and parts reversed or mixed? Were they in an unopened box or possibly something someone returned?

I have used several pair of them and never had a problem. If they both are interfacing with the rail correctly maybe a machining error which I find highly doubtful. Put them next to one another and see if they are machined the same. With the rings mounted on the gun, lay the scope into the rings and see if the scope tube axis matches the axis of each ring and fits down into each perfectly without being forced downward. Were they disassembled and parts reversed or mixed? Were they in an unopened box or possibly something someone returned?

@DeadOnShot the scope fits into the rings with absolutely no force at all, and they appear to line up perfectly. Ring tops could have been mixed around, but they were supposed to be brand new (ordered from Pyramyd). I don't know if Pyramyd sells returns as new (which I would almost bet they do, because of my FX chronograph I bought from them had definite signs of previous use). I might try to switch ring tops around and see if that makes any difference.

@DeadOnShot the scope fits into the rings with absolutely no force at all, and they appear to line up perfectly. Ring tops could have been mixed around, but they were supposed to be brand new (ordered from Pyramyd). I don't know if Pyramyd sells returns as new (which I would almost bet they do, because of my FX chronograph I bought from them had definite signs of previous use). I might try to switch ring tops around and see if that makes any difference.

nirinium - If the front and rear rings are in alignment and there is no sideways shift between them creating a miss-alignment of the ring bore axes it almost sounds like the both scope ring centerlines are shifted off from the bore centerline but still in alignment with one another. If the scope is sitting correctly in the lower part of the rings with no miss-alignment I doubt that the upper caps would cause a shift. I have to ask... are the rings for the correct style rail? Maybe someone swapped them before you received them?

Even at that I cannot imagine that a horizontal shift of the scope axis (while still being parallel) to the bore axis would cause you to run out of windage adjustment. The bore and scope axes would have to be angularly out of alignment. But with the front and rear ring axes in alignment I cannot imagine how that can be.

For anyone asking, the gun is just one of those junk ass FX Impact M3's.

Unscrew the picitiny rail and adjust it a bit on right or left side from its rear part.

It will change windage.

You absolutely rock! This was the damn problem!! Rail was misaligned from center from factory! WOW!

I OWE YOU ONE! + accuracy

I went thru some similar problems with my recently purchased FX Dreampup. Had to "fine tune" some things.

I think FX has solid platforms, but much like most businesses , they need to "quickly" fulfill tons of customer back orders as quickly as possible.

Some things the customer has to fix that normally a tech would do it not pressed for time.

IMHO

Will

Unscrew the picitiny rail and adjust it a bit on right or left side from its rear part.

It will change windage.

How do you adjust for windage with a Impact rail ?

Keep the big front screw on a bit loose, and loosen the rear-most screws. You can then adjust the rail side to side a bit then snug it down. 

It will change windage.

How do you adjust for windage with a Impact rail ?

Keep the big front screw on a bit loose, and loosen the rear-most screws. You can then adjust the rail side to side a bit then snug it down.

Yes this is the right way. Without loosening the front big screw the rail will not move.