• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX mk3 regulator inconsistency

I purchased this mk3 used. The previous owner had regulators #1 and #2 set at 200 bar. He was getting good results with 36 gr NSA slugs. I set regulator #1 back to 150 and #2 to 110 bar as a starting point to work up a good tune for 34 gr pellets. I have to continually re-adjust both regulators as they won't stay on a particular setting. Any suggestions will be appreciated, as well as any good PCP gunsmiths.

Thanks

Thanks for your replies. I will be installing Huma regs. I found a video on changing out the first reg, but did not see any instructions on how to change the 2nd reg. If you know of any video on 2nd reg replacement please let me know............Rod
Assuming you mean the reg by the trigger, just pop off the trigger guard and then use a hex to remove the reg screw, then the reg body. If piston remains inside, use either a piston gripping (removal) tool or forceps/needle nose pliers. I guess if they’re going in the trash it doesn’t matter if you gouge them up.

Install is reverse. Of course, remove bottle first. Plenum will degas when reg screw is undone (do it slowly and let it fully degas)