• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx mk2 PP vs m3 PP?

Does anyone know the cc for the mk2 PP? I heard people say its in the 40cc, some said 50cc, other said 65cc etc. I dont think I've seen fx usa actually give us the cc for the mk 2 PP. Does anyone know?

Have anyone tested and compare both mk2 PP and M3 PP to see if it's worth upgrade to the m3 PP? Some people want more power, would m3 really give enough power over the mk2 PP worth upgrading? 

When you say "upgrade" do you mean put the M3 plenum on the MKII? if so they are not interchangeable as far as I am aware, the valving is different.

These guns are really new and we are constantly learning, but that is definitely different from what I have read. FX Airguns on this site has previously posted "... Only retrofit would be the 72cc Power Plenum 720. The rest of the changes are unique that we couldn't get them backwards compatible..."

I am a mk2PP owner and FX fanboy who sweared to get the Mk3 when it comes out. But a quick glance at the specs and upgrades I didn’t reach for my wallet and order there and then. Here are my personal reasons why I won’t buy a M3:

1. Just about all upgrades are refinements, My MK2 is tuned down if you will already so no need for more power

2. tool less adjustment seems nice but not needed and I would accidentally turn my micro adjuster and mess up my tune. Great ideas but I actually like my Allen wrench preload version because it can’t be touched accidentally. That’s for fine tuning and no need to touch it normally AND even with markings it’s not 100% repeatable. If they simply put markings for the preload and left it with Allen wrench with the new power wheel then it would of been better for me.

3. Same barrel system so accuracy won’t improve 

4. dual reg is really nice but I could buy the new bottle down the road but mine is working just fine, most tempting upgrade of M3

5. My Mk2PP has been upgrade with dual ports, superior and heavy liners, carbon liner sleeves while FX version isn’t even out. Basically it’s shoot so well and easy to tune there really very little improvement can be added to its shooting performance. 

HOWEVER! I’m drooling at the mere thought of a crown with all the new goodies(minus micro adjustment knob) and a GRS stock. At some point the gun out shoots the shooter and FX has already gone past that point with even current models and next step just like the firearms world is just ergonomics and optics to shoot more accurately. 

Lot's of excellent thoughts in this thread. I'm one of the mk2 owners selling theirs to get an m3. Loved my mk2 to death, and power was never lacking even slinging 43.5gr slugs. If I had the money I'd never sell it, but .22 is taking over the slug scene so I'm going for a .22 slug build for NRL22. I'm really interested in ATP slugs and the javelin 40gr slugs (if they're ever released).

Most of the improvements to the m3 seem to be somewhat minor, but if you're going for more power, you could also add an extra plenum to the MK2 via the gauge port. The main thing I'm interested in for the m3 is its ability to tune without tools. That harmonic shroud and new trigger also have me very interested. Not sure about the dual reg tec yet, but we'll see how it performs.

I agree with a lot of qball's points. If I wasn't doing another slug build, I'd stick with my Mk2. The m3 seems to be more of a heavy slug gun, more so than any other gun FX has made so far. The benefits of the dual reg, dual TP, and power plenum start to show mainly when you're at higher pressures/slinging heavy projectiles.

I like the upgrades on the M3. Only the dual reg might not deliver more value. Time will tell.

The Huma regs in my two Impacts have been very consistent, sometimes as low as 4fps ES. First shot is spot on too, with both guns. And they refresh very quickly. Great for speed shooting. When I upgrade one of my beloved MK2s in the future, a Huma reg will be installed. I have had them on most of my air rifles, except the Steyrs. All have been beautifully consistent especially when tuned properly.

Speaking with some of the world’s top Benchrest shooters, they tested twin regs extensively but don’t use them anymore. At least it’s very well packaged on the M3. As is the whole gun. 
Keen to feel how much the trigger has improved, my biggest gripe with the MK2. Had that sorted by Hein Frommann. They are now a good deal better than my Crown’s trigger was and has contributed significantly to accurate shooting at long distance. All my future guns will have the same treatment including his magic barrel work.

When you say "upgrade" do you mean put the M3 plenum on the MKII? if so they are not interchangeable as far as I am aware, the valving is different.

Actually I watch many videos on the m3 and they said the only part on the m3 that will work ok mk1 and mk2 is the new 72 PP. Everything else wouldn't work on older model.

Oh if that has been said I stand corrected, I was under the impression that it could not be retrofitted from one video I watched that mentioned different valving!

@eaglehirn: my mk2PP is a dedicated slugger. I shot some light crosman .22 pellets for giggles and the supersonic crack was amusing. 

if you are to go for dedicated slug route you should definitely pull out the superior liner and put in a heavy and heave it. Of course use the transfer port on slug or wide open side. Then either wait(I wouldn’t) for FX version get ernest Rowe’s carbon liner sleeve along with barrel tensioner spacer. You will be please with the slug performance. BTW you don’t need M3 for that, I have that on my mk2 and it’s shoots the lights out. The bigger plenum probably won’t make a big difference as I am already shooting really hot with my reg at only 130 bars, I’m talking 34 grain .25 slugs @930fps, or 23 grain .22 at supersonic speed. 

the harmonic shroud will be a nice feature but that will be extra even for the M3.