• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX MK2 Impact amp regulator adjustment question

I just want to confirm if it is ok to adjust the reg pressure DOWN (clockwise) without degassing the Mk2? If so, can this be done at any pressure on the 480cc bottle, ie: 250 bar?

The directions that came the MK2 say you must degass, but I realize those are probably old directions.

Also, if you can in fact raise or lower reg pressure without degassing, is there any recommendation on how far you can turn the adjustment screw at one time? 1/4 turn, 1/2 turn, a full turn, etc etc.

I'll jump in, but hopefully other will confirm the facts. Up in pressure counter clockwise, nothing needed turn as much as you like until it hits the desired pressure. Going down in pressure, clockwise 1/4 turn two shots, 1/4 turn two shots. Shots as in dry fired just air. Until you achieve the lower pressure. That is if your rifle has the AMP reg. Otherwise degas to turn down.

Sigp,

Thanks for the info. I am assuming I have the AMP reg since my Mk2 was purchased new in mid July. I was watching a BobO video the other day, he was adjusting the reg down without degassing. Geeezzz, I have apparently been degassing all this time for no reason!! lol You would think FX would at least publish supplemental instructions for us newbees.