• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx Mavrick sniper .25 cal or .30 cal

I am curious, why would you say this?
The Impact is more adjustable and advanced but I find the Crown the very best with less fiddling around and has a more natural set up with the mag in front of your face and ears.
Not having the mag below your ears will be evident over time.
A rifle with a natural set up like a real firearm where the mag is always in front of your face is always superior in design to me.

They just let him back on here. Don't ask. It will only get worse. lol
lol Ok. Well let me just say I have a Maverick and I have a friend who has the new Impact M3 and I love them both. However, if I told you that he and his M3 can out shoot me with my Maverick, I would be lying. We have a debate back and forth all the time as to which we like better. I am sure there are very specific purposes where the M3 may outshine the Maverick to a point where you could notice, but I can't imagine for an even above average shooter and enthusiast that it matters. That being said, I would still like to make that my next PCP.

I am certainly glad I bought the Maverick in .25 for the purpose of very quiet back yard squirrel elimination. The .30 is quite a bit louder, even the noise the projectile makes when it hits a squirrel. The Maverick is just dead nuts accurate and consistent, and I have tuned it perfectly to a lot of different projectiles. Add a DonnyFL Ronin and the pests quietly disappear while I giggle like a little kid.

Reactions: Hard2hurt223
So taking all the things into consideration that I did not even think of like cost of ammo the noise a .30will make hitting something .30 is over kill and if I really want it later I can buy a kit and make it a .30 I doughty the .25 I love it...But I just did a tune on it and I adjusted the power knob and now I get hit in the face with air coming out around the magazine when I shoot anybody know what I did and how to fix it?

So taking all the things into consideration that I did not even think of like cost of ammo the noise a .30will make hitting something .30 is over kill and if I really want it later I can buy a kit and make it a .30 I doughty the .25 I love it...But I just did a tune on it and I adjusted the power knob and now I get hit in the face with air coming out around the magazine when I shoot anybody know what I did and how to fix it?
You may have a missing o ring when dissembling, happen to me when removing the pin prob and the o ring in front of it seated in the back of the barrel fell out
Read this: start at #10

FX Maverick - Power problem

Last edited:
Reactions: Hard2hurt223