• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Maverick

Well, regardless of what we tell you, once your Maverick arrives, take a look at the reg pressure, and you will know instantly what the set up is from the factory/dealer. I guess I'm not sure why it's relevant what anyone is going to tell you. If I told you your rifle should arrive at 110 Bar on the reg and arrived at 120 or 140, would you send it back or adjust it to your liking anyway? When in reality, it's set at whatever it's set at, and you'll be the first to know. Better yet, you could probably reach out to whomever you purchased it from, and they should be able to tell you, chances are, they test fired it for you for functionality validation, or at least I hope they did. Not trying to be facetious, but your title is a bit clickbaity.

The pressure gauges can be +/-10 bar off on some guns. So if it shows 100 bar, it might as well be 90, or 110. But it should not matter, as the gun is usually tuned at factory or at wendor, for a certain speed, accuracy, and efficiency, and should have the optimal pressure for that setting. When the guns are tuned, it is mainly the chrongraph results which deside what the pressure is set at, and not nescesarry what the gauges shows. If you try to "copy" what someone else`s gauges are showing (which might not show correct pressure either), you risk ruin a good factory tune.

To illustrate what I mean: Imagine you, and a friend has the same gun. Both guns have in this case a real reg pressure of 110 bar (keeping it the same to illustrate), but your gauge shows 120 bar (10 bar to high). The gauge on your friends gun show 100 bar (10 bar to low). You think your gun has way to high pressure, and you decrease the pressure on your reg to match your friends gauge at 100 bar, to get what you might believe is better efficiency, and more shots . Not knowing it you lowered the pressure from 110 bar to 90 bar to match what you believed you friend had, while in reality you had the same pressure:) 

I just got my maverick VP .30 . Set the 1st reg to 170/80 ish 2nd 150 and was only getting 750 fps until I got down around 150 bar then it hopped up to 830 to 860 but no higher than that and I'm not getting great consistency between the shots. Hammer is set at 7. Do these guns need to be broken in or do I have a lemon?
Hello
can you tell me if i can set the FX so that i can shoot with 20 or 25 joules for practice in the garden. and then can turn up again for the chase?