Fx Maverick

I'm looking at THE PATRIOT 40 GRAIN JAVELIN SLUGS and a 800mm Barrel. Of course many upgrades to do this with 1030fps. I'm looking for around 70fpe or so. Can this be done in good fashion on a Maverick like the M3 has done?
Yeah you shouldn't have any trouble getting 70fpe I imagine. The maverick has a bigger plenum than the impact as far as I know.

Reactions: qball
Very nice, thanks so much guys for your input. As soon as I can pm members I'll keep an eye on the classifieds. It seems I just missed a few good buys, but hopefully some more will pop up as I get closer to being able to use the classifieds. I'll keep you guys up to date on my progress to the maverick high powered slug slinger. This is going to be fun 😄

I would think 70fpe is attainable on the Maverick in 22 caliber. I had a 600mm 22 and was pushing 55fpe bone stock, so I'd assume you could get there with heavy slugs, a few power mods, and a longer barrel.
This right here. I'm shooting a 25 cal 35 grain pellet out of a VP at 890 fps with the rear reg set at only 118. Longer barrel, higher pressure I'm sure I could send lead much faster that that.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
This right here. I'm shooting a 25 cal 35 grain pellet out of a VP at 890 fps with the rear reg set at only 118. Longer barrel, higher pressure I'm sure I could send lead much faster that that.
Sounds good man thanks for sharing your setup, im looking as we speak for one. All I have right now is a Gauntlet 2. I'm using Jumbo Exact Redesigned Monster, 25.4G, and it does very well for what it is. Sub 50fpe some where around mid 40's, and groups very well to boot. Just too hard to cock the thing, and I hate the cheek rest just keeps slipping. I'm ready for a better gun don't get me wrong, for the price it's a great gun I can't take anything from it.

Using a 40 gr slug you only need 950 fps to achieve 80 fpe.

NSA offers this fpe calculator for free

I had a Maverick Sniper and was getting 58 fpe shooting 27.5 gr slugs at 975 fps. Gun was bone stock other than the heavy liner. Was doing that with 140 bar. The Maverick had a lot more power to offer if I wanted to use it.

Using a 40 gr slug you only need 950 fps to achieve 80 fpe.

NSA offers this fpe calculator for free

I had a Maverick Sniper and was getting 58 fpe shooting 27.5 gr slugs at 975 fps. Gun was bone stock other than the heavy liner. Was doing that with 140 bar. The Maverick had a lot more power to offer if I wanted to use it.
This makes me very excited for picking up a maverick. I'm getting that fuzzy feeling inside, when you know something great is about to happen. Thanks so much for the information, I'm like a sponge right now, as I'm farley new to the airgun scene. I want to take in as much as I can from shooters that have done or are doing what I'm about to embark on. Thanks again

I was wondering if the .22cal Maverick can be tuned up like Matt Dubber's .22cal M3 Impact. I really like the idea of the Maverick, but before I buy one I need to make sure it will meet my needs. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Not to burst your bubble. Matt's Impact and a Maverick are not on the same power platform. End of comparison. You want that power, get an Impact. Your implication is not fully understood.
Having had both, in every caliber, .177,.22, .25 .30, I can tell you I could never tune my Maverick to be like a "Matt Dubber" Impact, Nor would I want to. The Maverick platform was never intended to host that kind of power reliably. The Impact is a different platform all together. Period. The Maverick/Wildcat platform is proposed as a different tuning platform and not intended to be the same as an Impact. I still have both my Impacts in M3 and MKII and have let the Maverick and Wildcat go as for the reasons stated. I can say that all are very fine airguns for there intended purposes, make no mistake, But they do not all stand on equal ground. Enjoy your pursuit.

Patrick

Not to burst your bubble. Matt's Impact and a Maverick are not on the same power platform. End of comparison. You want that power, get an Impact. Your implication is not fully understood.
Having had both, in every caliber, .177,.22, .25 .30, I can tell you I could never tune my Maverick to be like a "Matt Dubber" Impact, Nor would I want to. The Maverick platform was never intended to host that kind of power reliably. The Impact is a different platform all together. Period. The Maverick/Wildcat platform is proposed as a different tuning platform and not intended to be the same as an Impact. I still have both my Impacts in M3 and MKII and have let the Maverick and Wildcat go as for the reasons stated. I can say that all are very fine airguns for there intended purposes, make no mistake, But they do not all stand on equal ground. Enjoy your pursuit.

Patrick
Yes, I remember when you had those other guns, like when they first came out

Reactions: 2L8
Yes, I remember when you had those other guns, like when they first came out
Augie, Both are/were excellent airguns, no question. I tuned them and used them to understand their limits, comparing both the Maverick and Wildcat to the Impact MKII and M3. I found that the Maverick platform was to close in feel to the Impact but didn't offer the same smooth shooting experience. The Wildcat was a more compact platform with a Maverick chassis and now there is the "WC Bottle" as a nice option...But I like the Impact platform for the many reasons it is the premier option in the FX line. YMMV 😁

Patrick

I have 2 Mavericks: one 22cal Sniper and 25cal Sniper. I have had the .22cal to 68-foot pounds with 34 grain JSB pellets before and the 25cal to 78-foot pounds with 34 grain JSB pellets. That was with the .25cal hammer weight in both, along with Huma slug probe and Huma hammer spring. I have yet to even try the 30cal hammer weight or the tungsten hammer weight that I have bought. I would say that you could get 75-foot pounds in the 22cal Sniper with the Tungsten hammer weight and 40 grain slugs. I have thought about selling one of them to get the Wildcat BT just to have something a little different, but I still really don't have a desire to sell one for an Impact M3 yet.

Reactions: Patrick1
I have 2 Mavericks: one 22cal Sniper and 25cal Sniper. I have had the .22cal to 68-foot pounds with 34 grain JSB pellets before and the 25cal to 78-foot pounds with 34 grain JSB pellets. That was with the .25cal hammer weight in both, along with Huma slug probe and Huma hammer spring. I have yet to even try the 30cal hammer weight or the tungsten hammer weight that I have bought. I would say that you could get 75-foot pounds in the 22cal Sniper with the Tungsten hammer weight and 40 grain slugs. I have thought about selling one of them to get the Wildcat BT just to have something a little different, but I still really don't have a desire to sell one for an Impact M3 yet.
Very nice, two snipers man I'm jelly thanks for the heads up