• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Maverick vs Impact M3

Words to live by right there.

Wouldn't mind being able to shoot heavier slugs so seems that favors the M3. I think there is enough doubt here to justify another rifle.
Don’t forgot the available upgrades for the maverick will offer similar performance as a equivalent impact. Tungsten hammer spring, heavy liner, and slug power kit should considerably up your performance. The Maverick is very capable of higher power levels. If you want to shoot the 40 grain slugs well in .22 you will need a 800 mm barrel for the best performance.

The Maverick and Impact M3 are Very different animals. They might "feel" the same by design, but after that, the Maverick falls short for me in every way. Having had one of the first batch of Mavericks shipped in 2020 as well as an early Wildcat MKIII to compare with my then upgraded Impact MKI/MKII and on to a late model MKII and then M3...Maverick/Wildcat are Very good at preforming in there respective price points but cannot be directly compared to the premium Impact product in the FX line and for good reason.
M3 is a no brainer for me on every level, from my most important being shot cycle, then onto tuneability and harmonics. Impacts all the way for me. M3 and MKII are my go too's.
Maverick and Wildcat are gone.

Patrick