• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Maverick valve seat removal

Here are a couple of photos of the tool I made for removing the valve seat on my Dreamline. Just ground a little step into the jaws of an old pair of forceps just like the tool that Ernest Rowe made. Should work exactly the same on your Maverick since it is a very similar design valve seat arrangement. I have also attached a link to the video on disassembly of the Maverick. Go to the 9 minute mark in the video and you will see Ernest using the forceps he modified to remove the valve seat. Good luck, I hope you are able to get your leak fixed.

Valve Seat Tool 1.jpg
Valve Seat Tool 2.jpg
Valve Seat Tool 3.jpg

Video link;

Ernest using the tool that he made...

Ernest Rowe Seat Tool.png

Here are a couple of photos of the tool I made for removing the valve seat on my Dreamline. Just ground a little step into the jaws of an old pair of forceps just like the tool that Ernest Rowe made. Should work exactly the same on your Maverick since it is a very similar design valve seat arrangement. I have also attached a link to the video on disassembly of the Maverick. Go to the 9 minute mark in the video and you will see Ernest using the forceps he modified to remove the valve seat. Good luck, I hope you are able to get your leak fixed.

View attachment 374071 View attachment 374072 View attachment 374073

Video link;

View attachment 374075
Love it, will copy the design, thanks

View attachment 374071 View attachment 374072 View attachment 374073

Video link;

View attachment 374075
Yep, the real deal right there. All you need.

Thanks, on my way to harbor freight for some sacrificial ring removal pliers.
reverse tweezers might be easier, you squeeze to open them, bend the ends 90º out, put in release and pull. Haven't done it but they are really handy. If Harbor Freight doesn't have them Amazon does. Cross Lock Fiber Grip Soldering Tweezers