FX Maverick Upgrades

The carbon fiber sleeve is only about $40 and one of the cheapest upgrades. Since you will be getting the sniper version, then you already will have the medium weight hammer as my was a originally a compact with the light weight hammer. If you are just interested in 50 yard performance, then this rifle will far exceed that out of the box without the carbon fiber sleeve. I wanted to be able to shoot long range slugs AND shorter range pellet shooting. Rest assured your rifle will be far more than adequate for what you want to do and quite a bit less expensive than FX flagship rifle.

Reactions: rsfrid
I'm running a Shogun on my .25 VP, can't even hear it. Accuracy appears to be good, I say apparently because I'm using a BAD red dot at 25 yards, each mag is a quarter size group. Have a TG AG digital gauge, either it sucks or I've got a bad one and it sucks, VERY hard to see, new batteries and it says the batteries are low. (update, the unit is bad, the back light is dead) RETURN TIME) Adding a Saber FX Impact Extended ARCA Rail, or so I think, it's suppose to fit. Elements Titan coming in from another AGN member to top it off.

As a follow-up question, what is the best moderator available for the FX Maverick?

Robert,

"the best moderator available" for your gun is the one that performs up to or exceeds your requirements... 😉

Since you haven't stated your requirements, it's hard to advise you on "the best" moderator. 👍🏼

𖣠 Do you like them to look cool?

𖣠 How quiet do you want them to hush your Maverick?
• Texas backyard quiet?
• California backyard quiet?
• Karen backyard quiet?
𖣠 And at what muzzle energy/ caliber?

𖣠 It it important that the gun is still short?

𖣠 Are you worried that a heavy moderator will change your POI on the flimsy FX shrouds/barrels?

Yeah, I know, airgun accessory shopping is fun. It's a past time most of us here at AGN have..... 😄

To make your selection a bit easier, I'll attach a Silencer Specs Table, with 56 different models, sizes, prices, etc.
And another files with some photos of the ones that look cool.

🔸 And yes, the results of 13 silencer loudness comparison tests are also included.

Happy silencer shopping,

Matthias

❌ Attachment:
Silencer Specs Table

View attachment SILENCER Specs Table.pdf

❌ Attachment 2:
Photos of the decorative silencers

View attachment SILENCER Specs Table — Photos only.pdf

I purchased the Maverick VP because I wanted to build a gun like my AR”s. I added the FX power slug kit. The carbon liner and carbon tensioner on the pellet shop website. Also added a 580cc bottle up to 300 bar. A carbon silencer from Europe with a Arken 4-16 power scope sitting on a cantilever mount. Had it power tuned by Palm Beach Airguns and this thing is as bad ass ass I can get it. Any suggestions would be great. It shoots sub MOA at 100 but always looking for more. Thanks

This is all pretty funny..."upgrade".

Mine shoots perfectly well...stock..! Just a touch of pellet, fps tuning, and a more vertical grip. That's just a change, not an over used word...upgrade .
No..."upgrades" (?) needed.

Mike
Agree…I bought mine used with a digital gauge. That is nice for precise reg adjustments but really nothing is “needed”. The gun will shoot the nuts off a gnat

My final result and a target sheet from Saturday - 25 yards indoors.

IMG_2824.jpeg
IMG_2848.jpeg

Reactions: Scott_R_FL