FX Maverick strikes again, trash pandas exterminated

I had a feeling I wasn't done with the trash pandas. The two little ones were spotted about a week ago on one of my security cams, so I knew it was only a matter of time before they'd get introduced to Mr. Maverick.

Last night they came with momma, which I strategically took out first with a shot to the top of her head (she was facing me, nose to the ground eating). I then took out the 2 little ones, each with one broadside headshot between eye and ear. I then went back to momma and gave her a follow up shot just to make sure the lights were out. Total time was about 30sec from first to last shot.

Gun used was my 25 caliber FX Maverick shooting 34gr FX pellets at 915fps, range about 40yds. Oneleaf night vision attached to scope. Had to double bag the big one, estimating she was about 30lbs.

20230731_073304.jpg

Thanks everyone. I've taken out so many this summer I'm losing count, but I think those were numbers 9, 10, 11 of the season.

The ironic thing earlier that day was I actually set up outside on a bench and shot some groups off a sandbag, first time I had done that this summer. Also, I setup my chronograph and shot a few strings to check the tune/fps. I was extremely happy to see my fps hadn't shifted AT ALL, same exact velocities as last fall(last time I chrono'd). I had verified zero multiple times this summer, but standing using my bog tripod. That was my first "serious" target session of the summer, and I was rewarded with a triple later that night.