• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Maverick - something loose; hammer perhaps - normal or not

I finally received my FX Maverick yesterday and find that something is sliding back and forth when I lean the gun forward or back. I can see whatever it is sliding through the little port hole just above and to the left of the rear regulator gauge. Based on the schematic of parts and assembly, it looks like it is the hammer sliding around. I looked at this website and they say it's normal (is for an Impact but the description of the problem is to the letter of what I'm experiencing):

FX Impact Rattle

Is that truly the case? I really would like some feedback and am really hoping that it is normal as this setup cost me big $$$$ (put a FFP Leupold on it). I can't tell you enough how much I don't want to send it to the manufacturer for warranty after having just got in my hands. Here are a couple of pictures to show what I'm observing through that little port hole:

(loose part slid back when gun leaned backward - not visible)

fx maverick - loose part slid back.1635101301.jpg

(loose part slid forward when gun leaned forward - visible)

fx maverick - loose part slid forward.1635101340.jpg

I would love to hear from you and if this is normal that I can go ahead and use my Maverick (I don't want to "loose that loving feeling" if you know what I mean, lol) - appreciate it.

Hi Airforcef35,

That is normal with the free-floating hammer, you are good to shoot from the looks of those photos and information you shared! If you have any more questions feel free to contact our customer service or tech department and we will help find any solutions necessary. 

Regards, 

FX Airguns USA

Contact Information: 

Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 4 PM EST
Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST
Phone: +1 866 639 0772
[email protected]