FX Maverick Sniper .22 Tune

I have recently bought a FX Maverick Sniper .22 and I am wondering if you guys have some basic tunes I could try. I am using the Smooth Twist X Barrel for now. I ordered the following pellets:
  • JSB Jumbo Heavy .22 |18.13 gr​

• JSB Jumbo Monster Redesigned .22 | 25.39 gr​

• JSB KnockOut Slugs .22 | 25.39gr | .216​

• JSB KnockOut Slugs .22 | 25.39gr | .217​

• H&N Slug HP .22 Cal | 21 gr | .217​

• H&N Slug HP .22 Cal | 21 gr | .218​

• H&N Baracuda .22 | 18.13gr​

Any recommendations for specific tunes for these pellets would be great. I am new to FX airguns and thought I could maybe save some time.​

Thank you!

I have recently bought a FX Maverick Sniper .22 and I am wondering if you guys have some basic tunes I could try. I am using the Smooth Twist X Barrel for now. I ordered the following pellets:

Any recommendations for specific tunes for these pellets would be great. I am new to FX airguns and thought I could maybe save some time.​

Thank you!
HI Recheck30,
Congratulations on choosing a great rifle! I should warn you though that somebody's tune might not work for your rifle exactly. In particular, the tune depends a lot on which hammer weight you are using. I have 6 different hammer weights and three different hammer springs. The weights range from the 25.89g/8mm (weight/head size) FX Tungsten hammer weight to the 10.53g/0.9mm FX Base .22 hammer weight. The head size also dramatically affects the settings as the difference between an 8mm and 0.9mm head size is the same as turning the internal hammer spring adjuster 14 turns out. With the ibig head size it is easy to get a situation where you cannot cock the rifle.
Go look on the Sub12Airgunner You Tube Channel and search for FX Maverick. They (father and son team in the UK) do a complete tear down and rebuild of a Maverick as well as showing you how to do just about eveything on your rifle. Once you understand the relationship of the IHS, the Power Wheel settings and the hammer weights tuning is a lot easier.
I am attaching a link to their Mav disassembly video.

Cheers,
Greg

I would start with regs at 130/100 wheel at 7 and see where JSB 18s shoot at, adj micro adj to around 880 then really small turns until you get consistent fps.
Generally speaking the FX liners like JSB 16 and 18 gr around 880, the 25 gr can be great for longer distances, say 50 plus yds, but seem to get fliers if unsorted.
And of course, always try the Baracuda Match, they can really surprise in how accurate and consistent they can be in the right barrel.

Thank you!
Congratulations and you are screwed. You are heading down a Rabbit Hole® that may be filled with many trials and tribulations. I'd try the new 1:16 barrel, good luck getting it. Mine .22 Compact is a very simple setup, Slug probe, pellet transfer port, something in the range of 95.92 (there was some creep but it settles at) 83.07 Bar on #2, 18.27mm on the HSA, my Belleville stack is .48 avg over 11 washers, this give me a range of 75-125 bar. over 60 shots/fill, I lose count and because I've got a compressor and a tank I really don't care that much. My tune lets' me shoot 18.13 easily out to 100 yards at 900fps and a SD of 2.7. If you need more juice it's there, if you need more pressure just bump up your Belleville's up to .053 and you'll have plenty of power that's 117 MINIMUM. Oh and a brass piston, polished on the contact surfaces. If you need more Belleville's McMaster Carr, buy a bunch, you'll need 50 min. to get enough for the higher average, I try to match them as closely as possible.

Last edited: