FX FX Maverick second regulator tube, degassing screw hole?

Hi,

Can anyone verify that this little threaded hole (see pics) is some sort of degassing hole. By measuring, it takes M3 screw and is connected to plenum side (red line on 3rd pic).

On first pic - regulator hole left and that M3 threaded hole right.

IMG_7807.jpg
IMG_7808.jpg
IMG_7809.jpg

Yeah I don’t know. There isn’t a degass screw that I know of on a Maverick 🤷‍♂️
I looked some YT videos of Maverick disassembly/reassembly - nothing about that hole/screw.
FX website support section parts diagram do not show that hole/screw neither. Probably parts diagrams are old ant that reg tube is some sort of upgrade/newer part.

By logic it just needs M3 screw with seal to block that hole.

The Maverick plenum is degassed after removing the bottle by dry firing the gun until you hear the air escape from the plenum. Alternately, if you don’t care about changing the regulator setting, you can start to back the reg screw out and the plenum will/ should degass.

I’ve never seen any instructions that suggest messing with the screw you are indicating.

The Maverick plenum is degassed after removing the bottle by dry firing the gun until you hear the air escape from the plenum. Alternately, if you don’t care about changing the regulator setting, you can start to back the reg screw out and the plenum will/ should degass.

I’ve never seen any instructions that suggest messing with the screw you are indicating.
I know the degassing sequence.

My main question was that has anybody here seen that kind of reg tube with that extra threaded hole innit and know exactly what screw and seal goes into it?
No videos nor parts list show that.

If anyone in the future need to know what screw/bolt goes into that hole then it is M3x8mm. But You have to shorten that a bit.
As You can see on the pictures, if You thread that screw in, it bottoms out before screwhead goes flush with the tube. Recess for screwhead in tube is so deep that screwhead should be flush with the tube outer surface (look pictures).

ADCreHerba2We0mW7ibyK5gLzgYCh4qaDI8tup5IpIRlTtHhP6lslJSe8j6Swj2CqMtgqfmFtuVeRJyueXhCNcAYJsnOGwMm8I9MwFpF-lzihw6L_PN1j5HWtva_k6O7JnJj2eBrowu6u1yaCm2CF2U_WwIuGA=w1225-h919-s-no
ADCreHcUvQgGSbzEx942zBOxEMJUEbXxyJ2eha8rpswVLXbq_6Wo-8BvSkoIfKovlUlsnnSUw2GCsUQ7mp5esRYfxyKUEMP3P-HzmMANmexTS91gsMn_M3d-UwOlR8mFYQv5BaeP3Yqw169QFyRTBKJUkiZgVQ=w1225-h919-s-no
ADCreHfb90W21ZKvVN2BYLHFOm66_wmHiD_Zo7MXv9Uo-12cRXIkJl1CjWb2uMTbldJNZ5WjwdiGvXYB6Ds352yAxP74Y3Yp7uORAdHLg9DC_N_b_ZZBkK3hKm2MqhLH-i8Pr2wvIpx-DdqjnFunJtzluksF1Q=w1225-h919-s-no
ADCreHdQdaFfeGj7KpFbbb48VXJUDVPlmYPSDEx5HUCuG_3HjqQ8L5b41Sj7GOlVmvPH0yqbLomSDlONQH28e2PMZr538VWl94uWGO7kKdEbsfXG-1KqvvPmvD0jmMMFssJPmZ-UYzPH2a62km_fGLrB0s9syg=w1225-h919-s-no
ADCreHfTioboSWEYtASTIjqf-AlT29Y-M8f_bkzqQtyWC_q2pmwlZhv_5XGik6lfTzJZ_ZFLkovDj1Xzg5ljH52OtvR2jx3VNhTHq3MHLGYsXsvVNHaB8HxQACVdY_V-19D14f8aeCv2JYQR3ibpztg-Dnc2bw=w1225-h919-s-no

Now I can continue building my dual regulated FX Dreamline GRS B (Bottle version).

ADCreHdSTOLshzBjYvBaj9kx4Gtkqpyi63xajDPyytS25EaZfROPLkQsv6yizPP09LAVbE1fps9BU0yKNhvty6VvyMJ53C7e8vEHuIez1PNIh2CdhIYMRBcWLMtwulWgUrFreNygvtyZj2BsqIVUxKtr-PppbA=w1225-h919-s-no

Hi,

Can anyone verify that this little threaded hole (see pics) is some sort of degassing hole. By measuring, it takes M3 screw and is connected to plenum side (red line on 3rd pic).

On first pic - regulator hole left and that M3 threaded hole right.

View attachment 393865View attachment 393866View attachment 393868
Yup, that vent hole is there on the first pic at left, above reg hole.
Hi, I have a sub 12ft/lbs maverick, being in the uk, and mine has a screw in that hole. Maybe it’s there to do with something about the power limit we have and is not needed in full power versions.

Reactions: Loff
Hi, I have a sub 12ft/lbs maverick, being in the uk, and mine has a screw in that hole. Maybe it’s there to do with something about the power limit we have and is not needed in full power versions.
The gun is all put together and fully functioning. This hole is from bottle side to atmosphere and is not interacting with regulator. Only function that came to my mind is for degassing gun between 1st and 2nd regulator.
But thanks to think about it.