• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Maverick questions

from Matt's videos that i've watched so far to the STX Barrel and Liner systems, all of them are slightly choked (lesser than L/W Polygonals).
Yes, the regulators are externally adjustable; for Adjusting the bottle reg, You'd need to open up (allow passage without restriction) the Shooting Reg. in first step, so You can read the Bottle Reg. pressure at the rear manometer installed at cheek-piece. Next You'd start with (near about) closing the Shooting reg. gradually opening up to the Shooting Pressure You want.
There're tons of Videos explaining above but i'm fan of @pjclarke how he covers it in his video (Jump to 01:04:04).

Thanks for the replies. Looking for a new platform, and have gone full circle. Hard to keep up with all the options, variables on 4-5 different brands.
I have the FX Maverick VP .30 cal. Adjusting the regulators was fairly easy to do. I even replaced the hammer weight with a heavier factory weight. The barrel liner system is slightly choked. I get great (for me anyway accuracy of the FX Hybrid Slugs and JSB Hades.

The only complaints that I have is I had to do modifications for a sling and I had to go around the airgun and tighten/locktite the screws. Other than that, it's been a stellar performer.

Last edited:
The maverick has adjustable, regs and hammer spring, the one thing it lacks compared to some other platforms, like the impact, is an adjustable transfer port restrictor.
The impact does not have an adjustable transfer port. Only the dreamline, crown, and streamline platforms have that.

from Matt's videos that i've watched so far to the STX Barrel and Liner systems, all of them are slightly choked (lesser than L/W Polygonals).
Yes, the regulators are externally adjustable; for Adjusting the bottle reg, You'd need to open up (allow passage without restriction) the Shooting Reg. in first step, so You can read the Bottle Reg. pressure at the rear manometer installed at cheek-piece. Next You'd start with (near about) closing the Shooting reg. gradually opening up to the Shooting Pressure You want.
There're tons of Videos explaining above but i'm fan of @pjclarke how he covers it in his video (Jump to 01:04:04).
Thanks for the support!

• Love
Reactions: SoulSniper