Fx maverick plenum not hissing

No I thought it should because I wanted to get the gun because .68 whiskey and theirs made the sound so when I got mine it didn’t so I thought it was something wrong with it thanks

I had my regulator make a squeal (non-fx reg but nearly all if not all regs are susceptible to this), and did not favor it, it was due to the breathe hole being partially obstructed somehow, under normal operation mine doesn't squeal, nor should any regulator, I'd enlarge a breathe hole to rectify a gun that exhibited this without resolve.

-Matt

Aaah, those darn videos. Will make a guy crazy. On a serious note, plenum noise is directly related to caliber and the gulp of air the gun needs. If Mr. Whiskey has the exact same gun and caliber that your silent plenum gun is, that tells you something about his tune compared to yours.
Guess he use relative low reg pressure?

Guess he use relative low reg pressure?
Hard to say without all the facts about the gun. I have three M3’s. Two .25’s and a .22. Both .25’s hiss at the same reg setting as my .22. But the .22 is silent. No hiss. It’s just not taking big gulps of air out of the plenum like the .25’s are. Now a .22 with a long barrel and more dwell, either by less valve tension or more hammer weight, might hiss because it’s taking a bigger gulp of plenum air.

Reactions: Trucker3573
Hard to say without all the facts about the gun. I have three M3’s. Two .25’s and a .22. Both .25’s hiss at the same reg setting as my .22. But the .22 is silent. No hiss. It’s just not taking big gulps of air out of the plenum like the .25’s are. Now a .22 with a long barrel and more dwell, either by less valve tension or more hammer weight, might hiss because it’s taking a bigger gulp of plenum air.
All makes sense. I have a 500 mm 25 cal Maverick and a 600mm m3 25 cal. Both guns just have pellet tunes on them for 25.39 and hades. The Maverick plenum refill is much more pronounced than the m3. I believe its plenum is slightly larger but the shorter Maverick is working harder to produce the same energy as the 600mm m3. The m3 isn’t taking as big of gulps so you don’t hear it as much. All depends on your tune.