• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Maverick or Tipan Veteran for consistency (no need to re-sight in the next shoot) and accuracy.

Your point is well taken, and certainly indivicual rifles will vary, as will the maintenance and/or abuse furnished by the owner. But, that said, my experience strongly suggests that certain brands, or models within brands, are more/less prone than others to suffer from POI shifts, based on their design. The owners of certain models (several from FX) seem to report this issue frequently. Others, such as the Veteran, are rarely similarly reported.
Thanks for reinforcing that view!

I currently own three Taipans and haven’t had a single issue. You can put them up for a few months and be dead on with your next shot. They are very robust, extremely well built and accurate. I don’t think you will regret buying one if you decide to go that route.
100% same. Own three also and agree on all accounts.

Just don't try to push them too hard and they're trouble free. Start jacking with valve seats and "improving" poppets and really high regulator pressures and super strong hammer springs and you'll mess one up. Haven't done that to any of mine and don't plan to, but just yesterday was inside one that had been molested.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I'm also curious on shot count from the Veteran, standard or long. My Maverick when it was 22 caliber with 480cc bottle was getting about 75 shots at 50fpe shooting RDM's. Now it's 25 caliber getting 60 shots around 65fpe (600mm barrel on both 22 and 25 btw).

The Maverick is sensitive to POI change if I bump or handle the gun by the barrel on accident. Not a drastic change, but enough to matter in a hunting or pesting situation. I just ordered a carbon shroud and tensioner kit to hopefully help eliminate that. A Taipan Veteran is next on my list, I hear nothing but positive things about them.