• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Fx maverick not cocking.

Hey guys I have an fx maverick that is refusing to cock. I have disassembled the trigger mechanism. And watched the sear as I attempted to cock it. I can see the sear drop in to engage the collar on the hammer but when I release the cocking handle it just slips off and won’t stay cocked.
Im assuming the sear is worn and rounded off and thus not able to grip the collar on the hammer we’ll enough to stay cocked but I may be missing something. It’s the first time I’ve had one of these apart. I’ve contacted fx but it say’s they’re offline so I probably won’t hear from them until monday.
Anybody have any enlightenment?

are you positive your cocking bar is coming all the way back? If the linkage between the lever and the bar is loose it will do the same thing. It doesn’t take much for it to fail to cock.
Agree'd, pop the top and check if the screw is centered in the hole or slightly forward, it may have slipped also which would cause by Chukar60 question. Having it too far forward will cause that also.

So I went ahead and reassembled it. It’s working again. Most of the time that is. Every so often it sticks for some reason and doesn’t work again Until I jiggle the cocking handle. It’s not the cocking bar. Ive checked that. As soon as I have time I’ll take it apart again and I should be able to figure it out. Im guessing it needs adjustment in some way or perhaps there’s a bur that need’s to be polished off that is causing something to stick.

So I went ahead and reassembled it. It’s working again. Most of the time that is. Every so often it sticks for some reason and doesn’t work again Until I jiggle the cocking handle. It’s not the cocking bar. Ive checked that. As soon as I have time I’ll take it apart again and I should be able to figure it out. Im guessing it needs adjustment in some way or perhaps there’s a bur that need’s to be polished off that is causing something to stick.
Put a tiny bit of Mobil One oil in there or squirt a bit to TriFlow. You haven't fired it with the handle back often have you. I'm just checking the boxes. B A D. things happen if you do that.

Hey guys I have an fx maverick that is refusing to cock. I have disassembled the trigger mechanism. And watched the sear as I attempted to cock it. I can see the sear drop in to engage the collar on the hammer but when I release the cocking handle it just slips off and won’t stay cocked.
Im assuming the sear is worn and rounded off and thus not able to grip the collar on the hammer we’ll enough to stay cocked but I may be missing something. It’s the first time I’ve had one of these apart. I’ve contacted fx but it say’s they’re offline so I probably won’t hear from them until monday.
Anybody have any enlightenment?
910 airgunning repair and tune ,
Check his videos , done

Also check that the hammer spring adjustment screw is not out too far. Having it project too long can cause the Mav to not cock properly. If I recall, it should not net out more than 6 or 7 full turns...

Hope this helps

Mike
In the range of 19.3mm over all is the factory standard, when you hit 20.2mm or so that will cause it, thanks for reminding me.